S4MK3 problems Output and Headphones

2»

Answers

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    edited February 2022

@claudeclaude

"While i'm playing deck a with fader A up, in Deck B cue headphones (with fader down) i hear both Deck A and Deck B in my headphones. The cue doesn't isolate the sound."

This is normal and expected when the mix knob is all the way to the left and both cues are active

• claudeclaude
    claudeclaude Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited February 2022

Yes I obviously know this, I meant Deck A cue off while playing, deck B cue on while playing only Deck A.

This isn't expected

(Cue mix is all the way left, even if in this pic is a little bit open)

• Wyley
    edited February 2022

@claudeclaude "but the knob of headphones volume and cue mix don't move if I move on S4."

This is the problem. The cue mix knob is supposed to move in the software when you move it on the S4. Use the trackpad or mouse to move it and see if it fixes the headphone issue. If it does then the knob needs to be fixed. However you can map it to somewhere else on the controller.

The volume knob is like a software gain control when using traktor controllers headphone out. The one on the s4 is a hardware volume. If you set the software vol knob half way then that will be the max level for the hardware knob on the s4 when you turn it all the way up.

EDIT:

I was wrong about this. It only applies to Traktor controllers without external mixer mode such as S2mk2

• claudeclaude

I cannot move with mouse both control on Traktor 3, mix and volume, anyway they are all left, I can only

move the audio knob but I don't need it

• Wyley
    edited February 2022

I see

Those knobs are greyed out because the S4 has a standalone mixer feature (I forgot about that). It looks like Traktor software sums only the software cue signals when the s4 is connected and the s4 has to mix it with the hardware signals. The headphones signal is the sum of the hardware mixed with software.

I did everything I could to help but I now believe that it's something inside your S4 hardware that failed. Unless NI staff can figure it out.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod

Just to note: It's normal that connecting the s4mk3 disables the software knobs for the headphones.

• claudeclaude

Thanks Wyley, i also think somthing failed inside, i'll ship it to repair. Anywayt i'm not satisfied anout NI& Traktor lately they are too numb to all problems and upgrade to do on software and hardware compared the other brands.

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod
    edited February 2022

Hey all - as previously mentioned - the knobs for the headphones and volume on the controller won't affect the software knobs, as the knobs are purely a hardware function.

feel free to check out this article for more details:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210273405-TRAKTOR-Does-Not-React-to-the-Main-Level-or-Cue-Volume-Knobs-on-my-TRAKTOR-KONTROL-Controller

• Jeffrey
    Jeffrey Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

This "article" does not solve it at all and has nothing to do with this issue.

You really don't want to admit it's a hardware problem, eh?

It is.

I got the same problem, headphones routing just stopped working correctly, I lost countless hours looking for solutions in forums, and reinstalling all drivers, operating systems and more. 

1000$ gear is worth noting now and you just don't care or "customer care" here has no way to impact the company to do anything about it and you are just to have us run in circles.

Please prove me otherwise and finally try to help us by solving the issue.