Traktor Mk3 S2/S3/S4 Audio Interface Connections

Kidgotsoul
Kidgotsoul Member Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

If I plug an S2 controller into my computer am I able to use the speaker monitors (yamahas) and audio interface (apollo) I have connected to my computer? Same way you would use the maschine.

Or do you have to use the built in audio interface thats inside the S2? and plug in speakers through the controller?

This might be a simple dumb question but I can not get a definitive answer anywhere. Thanks.

Best Answer

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert
    Answer ✓

If your interface has 4 channels (2x stereo) it should be possible. You need to be able to connect both speakers and headphones to it. And of course be able to send different signals to each.

Sadly traktor can only use a single audio interface at a time, other software is not that restrictive. That's why you can't have headphones on the controller, and speakers on the Apollo.

Though there are software that can make it possible, but I had nothing but trouble with it. Might work for you.

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert
    Answer ✓

If your interface has 4 channels (2x stereo) it should be possible. You need to be able to connect both speakers and headphones to it. And of course be able to send different signals to each.

Sadly traktor can only use a single audio interface at a time, other software is not that restrictive. That's why you can't have headphones on the controller, and speakers on the Apollo.

Though there are software that can make it possible, but I had nothing but trouble with it. Might work for you.

• Kidgotsoul
    Kidgotsoul Member Posts: 2 Member

I see. So my best bet is to just get an RCA to XLR/TRS cable to plug the main RCA outs of the S2 into my Yamahas HS8 monitors which have both XLR/TRS inputs. I was trying to see if I can avoid using the RCA unbalanced signal. Thank you for your insight.