Are VALVES and DUETS not included in the KOMPLETE 14 collector's edition?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special Member Posts: 4 Member

Basically the title.

I would have thought they were included as a collector. I only bought it last month but I can't seem to find them on my native access.

Valves I kind of understand but if duets is part of the play series collection and the collector's edition contains the play series (at least according to the collector's edition page).

Best Answer

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 248 Pro
    Answer ✓

When you buy Komplete, you buy it as it is on release day. Any products that are released on a later date (in this case Valves and Duets) will not be added. They will most likely be included in the next version of Komplete.

Answers

• Reefius
    Answer ✓

When you buy Komplete, you buy it as it is on release day. Any products that are released on a later date (in this case Valves and Duets) will not be added. They will most likely be included in the next version of Komplete.

• Nobody Special
    Nobody Special Member Posts: 4 Member

I see, how regular are the updates? I only really heard about Komplete in the lead up to 14 so I just assumed that I'd get everything. Does it cost much to upgrade?

• Reefius

I believe there's a timespan of about 1.5 to 2 years between Komplete releases. For the CE version I think the upgrade price is $/€ 499 (but I could be wrong). Someone from NI can hopefully give you the correct price.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

If you want use Valves or Duets, you have to buy it separately, or wait someone sells it secondhand, or wait for K15U CE which might come in Fall 2024, if NI keeps on 2 year's release pattern.

• AlanC
    AlanC Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2023

Interestingly Duets turned up in my Native Access all by itself as available - I suspected it was just a demo but it does not say it is. I went with it, downloaded it and low and behold it is a demo - deleted in mins. I have K14 Ultimate and I have more than enough in there without NI sneaking in a demo product - PLEASE label it as DEMO NI!!?

• RHONSTAH
    RHONSTAH Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

its sad that even as a ultimate product we still have to spend more money for products that sell alone for another 50.00.. stop nickle and dimeing us before you loose loyal customers to better competition

• BigPictureSound
    BigPictureSound Member Posts: 47 Member

I can see them having all plugins as a subscription but no one besides a few people actually expect NI to throw every single plugin into Komplete at 50% off every few years.

• SmilingErrors
    SmilingErrors Member Posts: 2 Member

Playbox got bundled in later. Maybe this will turn up in waiting to be installed in a few Months also