M32 + Maschine Mikro + Ableton: workflow question

Options
alvacouch
alvacouch Member Posts: 8 Member

A newbie question about Maschine workflow.

I have an M32 keyboard that I am using as my Ableton controller. When I'm doing that, the Maschine controls on the M32 don't work with the Maschine Plugin software. This is a well-known limitation.

Currently, I run Maschine in standalone mode, edit the drum track that I want, and then import that into the Maschine plugin for Ableton. This works very well -- thank you!

If I add a Maschine Mikro controller to the setup, will its control buttons be interpreted correctly by the Maschine plugin for Ableton? Or is it necessary to edit in standalone mode to get use of the control buttons on the Mikro?

Thanks for any insight. If you've tried this, what was your experience with it?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,703 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@alvacouch You can always click here to regain control of Maschine by the M32:

Yes, the whole idea is probably not to use the mouse but that's a workaround.

The Maschine Mikro MK3 doesn't have Ableton Control features, so it means that you can use it within the Maschine plug-in in Ableton and the connection between the controller and the plug-in can't be broken.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,703 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@alvacouch You can always click here to regain control of Maschine by the M32:

Yes, the whole idea is probably not to use the mouse but that's a workaround.

The Maschine Mikro MK3 doesn't have Ableton Control features, so it means that you can use it within the Maschine plug-in in Ableton and the connection between the controller and the plug-in can't be broken.