Who has S4 mk3 + Traktor stable for stage use, live etc?

drewspuppet
drewspuppet Member Posts: 13 Member
edited January 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I haven’t used Traktor in like 8 years. I bought a s4 mk3 it’s a great controller for my needs.

Didnt really give any thought to reliability as big artists use dvs systems and controlllers often now.

I’ve been using Rekordbox with dvs or a controller never had any issue with my mediocre pc laptop.

s4 mk3 I received seems like is defective…. Can get replacement. But searching issues here it’s hard to tell if it’s worth the hunt to get a stable working setup with this or just got with serato or Rekordbox if I want a controller?

Tagged:

Comments

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    edited January 2023

Choice is yours really. I always say pick your software first then hardware. I just prefer Traktor. So with that in mind and my needs the best controller for me is s4 mk3. I really like the s4.

Ive used the s4 for gigs and it’s been fantastic. I would like to see Tidal added to the software but that’s another story.

• drewspuppet

For my needs, any of the 3 programs will work. .

Just wanting to know about reliability for live use with Traktor

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,732 mod

I've used it for a while at live gigs and it's never let me down so far. Last version i used during events was TP3.4 something.

• DJM (Sagar)
    DJM (Sagar) Member Posts: 45 Helper

I play live with it regularly and for long gigs. It's fine in terms of stability for me. However, as others have pointed out, you want to get used to a software first before deciding that's the one to use live.

As for hardware, it depends on what your use case is. Club/mobile etc.

• drewspuppet

This is the most compact full function 4 channel controller out there right now.. which is one of the big selling features for me. Wish it had slice mode on pads native but has pretty much everything I need. I play drum and bass which is already pretty busy music so fx needs are not super extensive and I am comfortable with any of the software use and layouts