Maschine Mk4

three_eyed_otter
three_eyed_otter Member Posts: 25 Member

Any chance of a Maschine Mk4 in the works?

I noticed a $100.00 price reduction & found this on the interweb...

Maschine Mk4 - Release Date, Rumors, News (2023) - Starting to DJ

Have a good one,

3EO

Tagged:

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited January 2023

Well... the author of that article you posted said this at the end:

I don’t believe a new version is coming anytime soon. The Maschine+ just came out with the very same layout, pretty much ensuring that the Mk3 is going to be the form factor for at least two years. Source

Also, I didnt see any rumors or news there despite the tittle, at the end of the day the whole article is just a personal opinion.

There's always a chance it's going to happen but IMO it's very slim, at least for the next couple of years, making a more modern controller now when the M+ is still new and the flagship would make it look "old" but anything is possible.

• Staykool
    Staykool Member Posts: 72 Helper

D-one. Several years ago someone created a mockup of a companion piece of hardware for the MK3 that would add a large scroll bar and cut and paste functions just like the Maschine studio. I thought it was a brilliant idea. Was that you?

It showed a picture of the hardware side by side with the Maschine Mk3.

• D-One
    edited December 2023
  • Staykool

YES!!!!! This is EXACTLY WHAT IS NEEDED!!

Is there a way to start a online petition and have the community vote so we can send this idea to the devs.

Do you think they would actually listen?

They could price these units at about $250-300 and they would fly of the shelves.

Dude, this is a brilliant idea.

• Staykool

Trust me D-One. The yellow 3M post it pads that we all use were a result of a mistake. The scientist was trying to invent a glue that would stick. There are soooo many inventions that came about just like your idea.

I own 3 Maschine MK3, Maschine studio, KK S61 and S49. I've been using NI products for a very long time.

This idea addes the functionality of the Studio to the MK3. more buttons, less having to use the shift key. it is a brilliant and useful idea D. I hope people will listen.

Please give me a email address or a place on the forum to push this.

Please and thank you sir.

• Staykool

Its like an X1 but but for Maschine. LOL. Sorry but I get excited about your idea.

• D-One
    edited December 2023

I think at the time I was talking about the possibility of modularity with smaller controllers, kind of like Jam but simpler, this was an example of that.

@Staykool asked:

Do you think they would actually listen?

No, they would not, especially about HW. My experience is they do what they want and only ask for feedback once things are final, if they ask at all.

Please give me a email address or a place on the forum to push this.

There's really no such place, you can post a thread with a feature request tag but that has never yielded any result that I have seen.

I can't give anyone's email, as they would just get spammed to hell with requests and god knows what else, which also won't achieve much. Sorry.

• ekwipt
    ekwipt Member Posts: 32 Member

I could see them coming out with a MK4 to match the new keyboards, also add in controllers would be fantastic, i'd love to see a mixer add-on