How to report stolen Maschine hardware?

three_eyed_otter
three_eyed_otter Member Posts: 25 Member

I was recently robbed...Does anybody know how to report stolen hardware? Does NI track such hardware?

Have a good one,

3EO

Best Answers

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

All hardware has a serial number linked to your account. If it is sold by the POS that stole it and the buyer tries to register it, they will not be able too without a proper license transfer…

@Jeremy_NI can you advise further on steps that can be taken?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@three_eyed_otter Sorry to hear that. The best would be to get in touch with our registration support, I'm not sure what can be done: https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA

• three_eyed_otter

Sounds good...Ideally, it would be nice if NI could contact (no pun intended) me with the information of the individual that attempted to register the hardware. I could then share this info with my local law enforcement.

Have a good one,

3EO

• three_eyed_otter

I think I'll just leave the hardware registered in my name so it can't ever be used beyond controller status...

Have a good one,

3EO

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@three_eyed_otter There is probably limitations what we can do legally, that's why you should contact our registration agents now and see what they can do.

• VentureNative
    VentureNative Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Did anyone ever figure out what help can be given? My s88 was stolen recently and I am hoping that the fact i had it registered through this account can somehow help me get it back. Thanks

• Jeremy_NI

@VentureNative Best to contact our registration agents, you can find the link in the thread.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited July 2023

Dang, sorry that happened to you. This reminds me, I need to buy some AirTags or something similar and put it inside all my expensive gear, those trackers are rather inexpensive and will give me the satisfaction of catching a thief.