Protools 12 with Maschine Mikro mk3

LRestudiorecording
LRestudiorecording Member Posts: 3 Member

Hello, I have problems using my Mikro mk3 with Protools 12 as a midi controller, can someone help me? Thanks

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    Answer ✓

Maybe this is something for you: https://youtu.be/5mqb-wlAVr0

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

what is the exact issue?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Yes, @LRestudiorecording We need more info. Are you trying to use Maschine as a plug-in in Pro Tools with the controller but it's not working or are you trying to use the Maschine controller in MIDI mode as a standard MIDI controller?

• LRestudiorecording

Hello and thanks to both of you for answering, I'm trying to use it as another midi system, I already use it as a normal Maschine and I can record wav audio, but I would be interested in being able to use it as another midi system, just like my Arturia keyboard, thanks guys

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Maybe this is something for you: https://youtu.be/5mqb-wlAVr0

• LRestudiorecording

Thanks, but is it really that complicated? The midi recognizes me but nothing sounds, I already saw this video and I left it as heavy, but I will see it again, thank you very much

• Uwe303
    edited January 2023

Have you downloaded his midi preset and loaded it up in controller editor? Then press shift + project button on the mikro mk3 and you should be able to play a instrument. I now realized that the guy in the video uses cubase maybe i find a video or something with pro tools.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

It shouldn't be that complicated. The default template in Controller Editor should be enough. In any doubt, open Controller Editor, choose Edit -> New

You say that you can see the MIDI activity in Pro Tools when you press the pads. Can you see what note numbers are being played? You can navigate through the different octaves on the Mikro MK3 by holding the GROUP button and Pads A to H (or 9 to 16)