Some instruments only playing default sounds eg. Analog Dreams

Trevhut
Trevhut Member Posts: 8 Member

I'm having an issue with some instruments on Kontakt (both standalone and in PT). Analog Dreams for example will only plat the default sound, when I change the preset there is no sound. The same problem manifests itself on some other instruments, strangely not on Analog Dreams2. I tried reinstalling both Kontakt and AD but no luck. Mac 10.15, pro Tools current version etc. Any help welcome.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Trevhut What do you mean by default sound? If I open Analog Dreams 1 it loads the ASMR Shivers preset. Do you mean that all other presets you load will not emit any sound? If you play on the blue keys in Kontakt's window do you get sound? "The same problem manifests itself on some other instruments" Which instruments?

• Trevhut

Basically, if i load Analog Dreams it will play the sound it loads with, both within Pro Tools and as a standalone Kontakt. If I change the A or B sound I get no sound, either on midi or on the blue keyboard. The presets seem to load ok it’s just when I change the sound within the preset.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited January 2023

In that initial preset the 'Balance' is panned completely to the 'Right', so you won't hear anything out of 'Layer A'

• Trevhut

Doesn't make any difference where the balance is, soon as I change the sound it disappears. Tried re-installing both the app and A Dreams but still nothing.

• Gee_Flat

So you're saying every 'Snapshot' goes silent when you try to assign a different group to A or B?

• Trevhut

Yeah. Maybe my understanding is wrong but I thought you could open a preset then change the A and B sounds from within.

• Gee_Flat
    edited January 2023

Yeah, you can. Are you possibly muting the layers by pressing the letters A + B?

Use the navigation arrows, or click on the wave pattern to open the 'Table' of sounds.

• Trevhut

Just trying it now, when I open the table of sounds and change anything I lose the sound. Thanks for your help by the way! Appreciate it.

• Trevhut

Seems to work as expected in Analog Dreams 2 for some reason. I can change sounds ok.

• Gee_Flat
    edited January 2023

Which version of Kontakt?

I have all versions of AD, including the first release that wasn't locked up. They all work in K6 standalone.

Curious, what about Hybrid Keys or Ethereal?

• Trevhut

K7, i tried K6 too.

• Jeremy_NI

@Trevhut If you open Kontakt in standalone, what audio soundcard and audio driver is selected? Does it make a difference if you choose the onboard soundcard of the computer?

• Trevhut

Same if I use core audio or HDX, it's on a Mac.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited January 2023

Can you post a screenshot of your audio preferences in Kontakt in standalone?

• Jeremy_NI

@Trevhut Any update on this?