Licenses

Mr-Tugurio
Mr-Tugurio Member Posts: 3 Member
Hi dear!!!

I have a question that won't let me sleep... forgive my ignorance about it.

I have different products from different providers such as Sonuscore, Audioimperia and Native Instruments (virtual instruments) activated and with their respective licenses.

If I change my computer (I improve it) do I lose these licenses?
Do I have to buy the products again?
Should I uninstall everything from my old PC first?

Thanks in advance for reading the post and answering!

Best Answers

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro
    Answer ✓

Each company will have different rules. NI let you install on more than one machine, Arturia ditto. You need to check with each vendor, some are very strict, others more reasonable.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

All your Native Instruments products will be there in your account ready for download. Always save instruments on a portable drive or partition so you don't have to download again.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

It may be differen for different vendors...

Concerning NI. One may install their plugins on up to three computers. There is no de-registration of sw on given computer. NI does not count up to three and than nothing.... Instead they trust you that SW is installed on just three computers.

But they know on how many computers the licence has been installed and also may guess (if one uses Native Access from time to time) on how many computers the licence is actively used.... So, I guess if one cheets a lot, they will know.... Sooner or later.

IMHO, this approach is user friendly. No fear to loose a licence when computer/dongle is lost/broken/stolen. Or that one forgots to unregister SW and reinstalls OS and so....

Answers

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro
    Answer ✓

Each company will have different rules. NI let you install on more than one machine, Arturia ditto. You need to check with each vendor, some are very strict, others more reasonable.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

All your Native Instruments products will be there in your account ready for download. Always save instruments on a portable drive or partition so you don't have to download again.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

It may be differen for different vendors...

Concerning NI. One may install their plugins on up to three computers. There is no de-registration of sw on given computer. NI does not count up to three and than nothing.... Instead they trust you that SW is installed on just three computers.

But they know on how many computers the licence has been installed and also may guess (if one uses Native Access from time to time) on how many computers the licence is actively used.... So, I guess if one cheets a lot, they will know.... Sooner or later.

IMHO, this approach is user friendly. No fear to loose a licence when computer/dongle is lost/broken/stolen. Or that one forgots to unregister SW and reinstalls OS and so....