How to easily remove duplicate tracks

Hello,

a friend of mine has hunderts of songs, which occures 2 or more times in the collection.

The cause is, that CDs ripped and imported into Traktor. <Artist A> <Title B> is on several CDs -> it is several times in Collection.

Is there a tool which deals with the Collection?

I know DupChecker Programs, which can do the Job based on a Filenames.

If no tool can support this task, it must be done by hand within Traktor.

Greetings

Comments

• Klaus.Meier
    Klaus.Meier Member Posts: 29 Member

Any idea or suggestion?

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
  • mahler
    mahler Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2023

for windows there exist programs like "Duplicate File Finder" which can search not only based on file-names

"Right click collection and check consistency" does not to the trick, if this files exist - then they are consistent.

I have also done it per hand ... sort the artists, sort the titles etc.and then choose the surplus and delete ...

• Klaus.Meier
    Klaus.Meier Member Posts: 29 Member

Thank you.

I just found Lexicon

https://www.lexicondj.com/

What I read on the webseite, it seems to do the job. I will check it out the next days.

• SteveKDJ
    SteveKDJ Member Posts: 132 Helper

I will not be the object of your affection:

But with all the programs for DJs everywhere, they're just getting ripped off financially.

$17 a month (Lexicindj) and all that. it's a crazy thing.

And it's okay if you don't send me to "warmer climes."

I found the best solution for finding duplicate files in Ashampoo Winoptimizer.

And the NI people will be shouting about it: DO NOT use Optimizers.. It's very difficult

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 152 Pro

Google Helium music manager or PerfectTUNES. Two programs that may fix your problem.