Setting up expression pedal with Komplete Kontrol S88 MK 2

dhcreative
dhcreative Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I got an expression pedal (Roland EV-5) for christmas, but I'm struggling to get it to work with my Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2.

I've followed the guide that NI have written: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005166305-How-to-Configure-Sustain-Expression-Pedals-on-KOMPLETE-KONTROL-Keyboards

I already have a sustain pedal connected to "PEDAL A" and that works fine. Now I try to connect the expression pedal to "PEDAL B" and make the same settings in Komplete Kontrol software as in the guide, but the pedal has no effect at all.

Do you have any tips for things to try or ways to find the error?

Some things I've tried:

* Restarting the controller, the software and the computer multiple times.

* Connecting the expression pedal to "PEDAL A" without changing the settings - now it works as a sustain pedal (switches on/off about half-way through the range of the pedal).

* Connecting the expression pedal to "PEDAL B" and settings it up as a sustain pedal - now it works as a sustain pedal.

This makes me conclude that there is nothing wrong with the input or the pedal, so I'm guessing this is software related.

Maybe I somehow have to tell the software that it is the volume that should be controlled?

Comments

• Pop With Teeth
    Pop With Teeth Member Posts: 4 Member

I have exactly the same problems with my new Crumar Exp-10 pedal.

Hope someone has some answers:-)

• dhcreative
    dhcreative Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

After some experimentation I've realized that the setup actually seems to work after all! It's just the case that not all instruments support expression pedal. After searching a while, I found an organ simulation that did work!

Also, if you want to use it to control the volume, you can just use the Native Instruments guide I linked to, but instead of MIDI Number 11 (expression), you select MIDI Number 7 (volume).

Just thought this might help someone else! :)