Space with loop

Kayya
Kayya Member Posts: 189 Advisor
edited January 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

hello friends, when we get a small loop during playback, it plays as big as the loop and repeats itself.

Can we delay the repeat distance of that loop without making the loop bigger?

How do you perform such a repetition with a space in between?

Tagged:

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited January 2023

Take your finger off the key 😎

Kidding.... thought this was a Kontakt question.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    edited January 2023

It sounds like you want to fine adjust the Loop Out point?

• Kayya

Let's say we get a one-shot loop. I imagine a gap between the loop repeats in the song, as in the sequence

kick-space-kick-space-kick-space-space-kick-kick-kick.

I don't want it to happen again right away. so we can play with the loop.

People do a similar effect by lowering the bpm. As if there must be a way without it.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Sounds similar to Serato flip feature. Something like that is possible with clever use of modifiers but probably not wort your time to go into a mapping to create such feature.

• Kayya

yes i watched you mention it lets you play with the beats of the loop. looks like what I'm talking about. I want it to wait as long as the bar I gave in my model. Another way came to my mind. I manually turn off the sound from the mixer for as many beats as I want :) actually I get the job done, but I think I like to share here and exchange ideas on the software. It is very disappointing to see that everything I carry here exists in other brands and that it is not on our side :)

As you may have seen my comment about getting into the mapping business, I like to stay a bit brand standard. :) I haven't done any mapping yet :)

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

You can use the loop recorder and manually cut part of the loop with the fader while recording so you could have a recorded shorter part trigger every 16, 8, 4. Not with Beatport streaming. (Copyright issue).

The Gater in Single mode has a mute button in the middle. Along with adjusting dry/wet and other parameters you can get some kind of cool dubbing in of loops with pushing that button. And maybe some delay or reverb.

The Remix decks and loop size gets you space and function like filters much better. For an automatic, less hassle approach. The F1 is a beast for sampling, of course all this is not done easily without some personal workflow and practice.

• Kayya

With the f1 device and the remix deck, it's easy. You record the sound and you can add a space to the end of that sound with the "size" feature, so the sampler grows. what we want is to be able to expand the loop with spaces during playback in the track deck or wait for the next repeat