How do you stop maschine from saving individual sample slices?

dj iceman
dj iceman Member Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2022 in Maschine

How can I stop maschine from creating chopped duplicates of samples I've used in previous projects? i have a bunch of sample chops in the same folders i have my original samples in. and the bad part is that i cant erase the chops cause if i do the project will be messed up if i try to load it again..

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Slicing itself is non-destructive, so it won't dupe anything but all the destructive edits will, all of these functions:

Will create a new file/dupe (except "Copy" of course)

It's kind of a necessary evil because say you edit a drum hit, like reversing a crash cymbal, you probably don't want Maschine to make that crash permanently reversed, any edits would affect other projects which would cause all sorts of problems.

Depending of how you load samples or what you do dupes can be in the same folder as the original sample or they just go the Maschine 2Samples folder.

If you want to clean your custom sample lib I would suggest saving every project "With Samples", this way they stay in a sub-folder in the project's main folder and you can remove the original dupes safely.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,037 mod

What do you mean by that? Have you saved the sampler or group as preset and it creates duplicates after you open them. Or do you reopen the base sample and chop it again the same?

Uwe

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Slicing itself is non-destructive, so it won't dupe anything but all the destructive edits will, all of these functions:

Will create a new file/dupe (except "Copy" of course)

It's kind of a necessary evil because say you edit a drum hit, like reversing a crash cymbal, you probably don't want Maschine to make that crash permanently reversed, any edits would affect other projects which would cause all sorts of problems.

Depending of how you load samples or what you do dupes can be in the same folder as the original sample or they just go the Maschine 2Samples folder.

If you want to clean your custom sample lib I would suggest saving every project "With Samples", this way they stay in a sub-folder in the project's main folder and you can remove the original dupes safely.