Scarbee Rickenbacker - Velocity Curve

David Wm. Sims
David Wm. Sims Member Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2023 in Kontakt

I've looked through the manual and the instrument UI, but I can't find how you can set a velocity curve for Scarbee Rickenbacker. Am I just missing something obvious, or is there no velocity curve control for this instrument. Thanks for any insight provided.

Tagged:

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited January 2023

Do you mean like the velocity settings in most KFL instrument options? I have pre-bass and it doesn't exist. I really don't feel a need for it though.

If you're still using K6, and if there is an open slot in the Script section of the RIcky, try the preset called 'Change Velocity'. It's very good.

• David Wm. Sims

Thank you, Gee. I think that Change Velocity script is exactly what I want. Unfortunately, my Preset/Scripts folder is empty for some reason. I submitted a help request to NI for help sorting that out.

You suggested that script if I'm using Kontakt 6, which I am. Does that mean Kontakt 7 no longer uses scripts? I am planning on installing Kontakt 7 in the next few months.

Thanks again for your help.

• Gee_Flat

No. The issue is that many of the K7 instruments have been locked and can't be edited. I can't remember if the Scarbee ones are.

The same script preset is available in the KSP. It's the little button at the top-right of the rack.

The reason I didn't suggest that one, is that it would affect every instrument you have open in a rack. But if you tend to use one-instrument instances of Kontakt for each track, then either one would work.

• David Wm. Sims

Actually, a global MIDI velocity curve is what I really want, rather then having to add it to individual instruments. I'm looking for a "set it and forget it" solution to my very poor keyboard performance technique. This seems like an excellent reason for me to upgrade to Kontakt 7. Thanks!

• Gee_Flat

K7 and 6 really aren't any different in that regard. The missing scripts would be your current conundrum.

But you could add the KSP 'change velocity' script I suggested, modify it to your liking, then save that as your 'default Multi'. Without any instruments loaded of course.

Then every time you open an instance of Kontakt its there ready to go.