Error installing Access on Win11 on non-admin account

Frangoo
Frangoo Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I can not install the Access Application on Win11 on my non-admin account.

During installation I give Admin-Rights, but it always fails because it trys to access the app-data folder of the ADMIN account.

Why that? Don't know how to solve that.

The complete path the Installer wants to access is:

C:\Users\<admin-name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Native Access.I...

I tryed to install it in the Admin account, that worked - but than I don't have it in my non-admin acount, where I want to have it.

Has someone an idea?

Thanks a lot

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

have you tried to go into the "C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Native Access" folder and start it from there, you can also make a dektop shortcut from there.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

have you tried to go into the "C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Native Access" folder and start it from there, you can also make a dektop shortcut from there.

• Frangoo

Hello Uwe,

interesting - at least I can say it is working like that!

Not sure if that is the way to go, but - and that is important for me by now, I can finally work and am not frustrated any more :)

Thanks!!!

• Uwe303

It's really a windows 11 and new security stuff "issue" - i will also test this weekend a new 11 install and let's see how it goes.

• Frangoo

My thought was, that maybe the installation application is taken the wrong user for getting the path to the start-menu (where I have no rights for).

Because I am logged in with a non-admin account, but during installation I give admin-rights, and he takes those admin user-data for the path in some steps.

I am curious for your results.

• ghoulnoise
    ghoulnoise Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Oh yeah I'm having this issue as well, I can't update Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt 7 Player, or Maschine 2 Essentials.

• Uwe303

You can also try to temporarily change the account from normal user to admin and back if you want to set it back. Normally you should operate with a non admin account for security reasons, i know, but I've not doing it now for years and never had problems, the opposite is the case it solved a lot of trouble for me. And there is also a difference between a created user with admin rights and the, i call it super administrator, account created by windows itself while installing. This account is normally deactivated for login.

• Odinasia
    Odinasia Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I have the same problem. Windows 10 non-admin account.

But what does Native Access need admin privileges for in the first place? The standard way for a user, whichever OS he's on, is to install and use apps in a non-admin account. That's basic.

• Uwe303
    edited December 2023

It needs them at least it to install services and other stuff, on windows it also has something to do with security. And if a program needs it or not depends on many factors.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,098 mod

The Native Access installer needs admin privileges to install services. Native Access itself doesn't run as an elevated process and doesn't need admin privileges.

-- Mike