Session Guitarist Electric sunburst don't play certain chords

shay
shay Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited January 2023 in Kontakt

Hi guys,

I don't know if it's the right forum to ask, but I'll try.

I've purchased Session Guitarist electric Sunburst. The sound and patterns are just amazing.

But there is one thing that bothers me - I'm using it as a plugin to logic pro. When I choose a pattern, there are some notes on the keyboard that colored in red and they don't make a sound. There are chords or notes that I just can't play, no matter what I do. For example, I want to play

Dm / Bb / A / Ab

and it just wouldn't accept the Ab, can't be played. I can select the auto chords, but then I get a fixed chords progression. But I want my own progression. What is going on?

By the way, when I open Kontakt 7 and open the guitar from there I have a full control over the keyboard and can play which note I feel like...

Thanks,

Shay

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

You have to have the on/off switch next to the Auto Chords button turned off. Otherwise you'll be limited to the chords for that key in the key settings in Auto Chords. Each of the variations come in chorded and melody versions. If you choose the melody version you can play any note on the keyboard individually or in groups. It's all explained in the documentation.

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

You have to have the on/off switch next to the Auto Chords button turned off. Otherwise you'll be limited to the chords for that key in the key settings in Auto Chords. Each of the variations come in chorded and melody versions. If you choose the melody version you can play any note on the keyboard individually or in groups. It's all explained in the documentation.

• shay
    shay Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks! Don't know how I've missed it...