When threads become social

Milkman
Milkman Member Posts: 211 Advisor
edited January 2023 in Social Club

Perhaps it would be a good gesture to the community involved with them to move them to social instead of locking them while they are ongoing?

If the thread is highly technical, it probably shouldnt go to social, but if Q&A turns social, preserving those conversations is important to us. (some of us anyway.) The world is an increasingly cold, unforgiving space in our era, and some folks value conversation where they are able to enjoy a moment of it.

Im sure when the topic turns to other brands, this is also motivation to lock the topic, but some of us miss the more social threads that occurred on the board pre-reboot and would come here more often if it still felt more like that. Thanks for your consideration.

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Hey @Milkman, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Do you have a specific example to share? The team might have missed the conversation was style ongoing, and I'd be happy to reopen the thread if needed.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited January 2023

"The world is an increasingly cold, unforgiving space in our era, and some folks value conversation where they are able to enjoy a moment of it"

Should we call that a strange coiincidence, or do you think I had a good point?

• Milkman
    Milkman Member Posts: 211 Advisor

Sorry for my slow response -- had a power failure/brownout 2 days ago while running cubase 12, and C12 corrupted itself and I could not recover. Full system rebuild, lol.

The thread is now locked. It was a Q/A thread I created to do with deciding on a MIDI keyboard, and it went in the direction of a discussion about keyboard/piano and PC keyboard ergonomics and technologies, and just some basic friendly conversation. I admit this... is one of the few places I ever find any social outlet anymore, as my wife (immune compromised medical professional) 2 kids, and I are stuck inside for 3 years so far, so our world has gotten even smaller. We used to have more friendly conversations on the forums, years ago, or at least it seems that way to me.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,109 admin

@Milkman Found the thread in question and re-opened it. Just for context, it may have been closed because it was filled as question and still showing in our "unanswered" area. If you have general questions about presales or other manufacturers (which we don't mind discussion about here btw), it's best to use the discussion type.

Hope this helps

This discussion has been closed.