Remote Switches

1-Bit-Wonder
1-Bit-Wonder Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hey all ya,

im quite new to creating my own patches in Reaktor. So here is my question:

I'd like to have switches which output a certain value when i press them.

The purpose: i want to set the speed of an LFO to e.g. 4 different, predefined speeds by pressing a button on my KK Keyboard.

I created the patch in Blocks, where you have the 4 makro buttons in the "util"-folder. But those have an on- and an off-state. What i need is buttons, which do something when i press them and do nothing when i dont do so.

TYVM in advance for any hints.

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Please change the button to Trigger instead of Toggle. It's in the properties - tab Function

• 1-Bit-Wonder

I tried that before, but unfortunately the functions tab is grayed out.

• Paule
    edited January 2023

It isn't part of the Reaktor internal library.

From where is Util Switches. Part of Blocks or any other instrument?

My is a panel element and yours an instrument

You need some innards only

• 1-Bit-Wonder

The switches i used are from blocks, but they look exactly the same as yours.

I searched for other switches in various locations. My library tab looks like this:

From the files tab i also searched in C:/Program Files/Native Instruments/Reaktor 5 and /Reaktor 6. In Both Folders there is a massive amount of sub- and subsub folders so i might have overlooked the right one. But i think i looked into every folder with a name that could possibly fit imo.

• 1-Bit-Wonder

Here is a screenshot of the other location:

What path does your switch have?

• Paule
    edited January 2023

If you are in full version of Reator copy the buttons (here named switches) to your project.

If you're in Reaktor Player mode only you can't reach the structure.

right click in the structure or enter on the same place opens a search box. Type in „button“

A question by me: Do you read all the manuals comings with Reaktor or now to dl from NI home page?

• 1-Bit-Wonder

I both read the manual and watch tutorial vids on youtube. But if youre completely new to a complex environment like Reaktor, you sometimes even don't know what your Problem is and hence which part of the manual to read 😅 The problem we're discussing here is a good example:

I tried your way in another ensemble and voila, it worked perfectly. I could load a single simple button and edit is properties as well as i could load the four buttons with the fancie GUI as i did in the first place. And i could also edit their properties.

When i tried the same in the patch where i needed the buttons, it still didn't work. BUT i found out, that the two files had different suffixes. The working one was an .ens file and the not working one a .nksr. I also found an option to save a rack as ensemble, wich i did. And now the problem is almost solved.

The buttons behave like they're supposed to when i use the mouse to click them. If i pair them with a real button via midi learn and use the button on the keyboard, the software switches still toggle like before. Do i have to change some settings in the KK S61 too?

• Paule

Do i have to change some settings in the KK S61 too?

Myself don't own KK so I can't help you. Reaktor is enough to build monsters.