Battery 4 Factory Library on external drive

bencollieruk
bencollieruk Member Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2022 in Battery 4

I have the Battery 4 Factory library on an external drive, I had to reinstall Battery 4 and have run into the same problem from years ago of being unable to help Battery 4 see where the library is. Native Access only gives me an option to reinstall the library, there's no option to 'Locate' within Native Access to rectify the issue.

How do I get Battery 4 to see the Factory Content on the external drive which lives with all the Kontakt Libraries that Native Access is able to see? I've tried creating an alias to where the library is and Battery 4 promptly freaked out with a warning message that had a 'locate' button which helpfully did nothing when pressed. Thanks in advance 👍️

Tagged:

Best Answer

• bencollieruk
    Answer ✓

Ah! I just deleted the B4 Factory Library that had been downloaded in to the Shared user folder, connected my external drive, relaunched Native Access and was greeted by the Repair button next to B4FL, checked that Native Access was looking at the external drive for content and then pointed it to the B4FL on the External and all is now working. Luckily no redownload needed, but I will keep this page saved in case it happens again. Thanks again!

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

For the Battery Factory Library, there is no locate or relocate function, you need to reinstall it. If that doesn't help, resetting the database of Battery 4 could do the trick, for this you need to delete this folder :

Macintosh HD > Users > User Name > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments Battery 4

Then open Battery in standalone, it should rebuild it's database then.

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

• bencollieruk

Thanks for the reply Jeremy, just to clarify/confirm - there is a locate button when you press the Rescan button in the standalone settings, but it appears to be dead/non-functional like the 'Retry' button, and the only options that do anything are the Ignore and Ignore All buttons.

Is there reason why even the latest version of Battery 4 doesn't allow the ability to locate libraries like you can with Kontakt? If I remove the B4 database files, that still won't allow me to relocate the library even if I change the content location in Native Access from Shared to the external drive?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @bencollieruk

Thanks for the reply Jeremy, just to clarify/confirm - there is a locate button when you press the Rescan button in the standalone settings, but it appears to be dead/non-functional like the 'Retry' button, and the only options that do anything are the Ignore and Ignore All buttons.

Yes, as I said, you need to reinstall the Battery 4 Factory Library in Native Access, moving it to the new location and/or changing the preferences for (future) installations folders isn't enough.

Is there reason why even the latest version of Battery 4 doesn't allow the ability to locate libraries like you can with Kontakt? If I remove the B4 database files, that still won't allow me to relocate the library even if I change the content location in Native Access from Shared to the external drive?

I don't know the exact reason, it is something worked on, probably for future versions of Native Access and Battery. For now, you need to reinstall, like if you never had installed it before. I know it's counter intuitive but this is how to do to make it work.

• bencollieruk
    Answer ✓

Ah! I just deleted the B4 Factory Library that had been downloaded in to the Shared user folder, connected my external drive, relaunched Native Access and was greeted by the Repair button next to B4FL, checked that Native Access was looking at the external drive for content and then pointed it to the B4FL on the External and all is now working. Luckily no redownload needed, but I will keep this page saved in case it happens again. Thanks again!

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

File organisation is definitely something to be familiar with in software. Thanks for sharing the solution @bencollieruk, glad it's solved!