How to access standalone projects/elements while in Controller mode

joshing
joshing Member Posts: 8 Member

I have some interesting drum kits i've built in Standalone mode but am not sure how to access them when in Controller mode and working in Ableton.

Is this possible?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@joshing I see now! Yes, you're right, when the M+ is in controller mode you can't access anything on it, it behaves just like a controller, like a Maschine MK3. Check this video (1.25)

Once your projects are imported on your computer you can open them in the Maschine standalone software or in Maschine as a plug-in in your DAW.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

@joshing I'm not sure of what you mean by controller mode. You mean you created kits in Maschine in standalone? Maschine is also available as a VST or VST3 in Ableton. If you load the plug-in you'll be able to load your kits and control them with the Maschine controller.

• joshing

Thanks for replying, I'll try to clarify. In standalone mode I have created projects and saved groups. When I switch to use it connected to Ableton (controller mode with VST), I do not believe I have access to anything I have done in Standalone mode. Possibly I am wrong about this.

My current solution was to take the SD card out, have the Maschine+ in "controller mode", load the VST in Ableton, navigate in the file explorer to the "saved group", and drag it into the VST as a new group.

1. Is there a simpler method that doesn't involve taking out the SD and manually finding the file?
    2. If I had a new Ableton project with the VST loaded, can I access my saved projects that I created in "standalone mode"?

Thanks for any thoughts :)

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@joshing I see now! Yes, you're right, when the M+ is in controller mode you can't access anything on it, it behaves just like a controller, like a Maschine MK3. Check this video (1.25)

Once your projects are imported on your computer you can open them in the Maschine standalone software or in Maschine as a plug-in in your DAW.

• joshing

Thank you!