Replika doesn't work in Maschine+ standalone mode?

Acidizer
Acidizer Member Posts: 24 Member
edited January 2023 in Maschine

Is this true?

It's just a fancy delay, correct?

Is the CPU not powerful enough or what? Surely it would work even if CPU hungry and it should be up to the user if they want to use it or not?

Tagged:

Comments

• maxmatteo
    maxmatteo Member Posts: 8 Member

yeah feel the same.....

replika delay & supercharger compressor would be needed on the plus

@Matt_NI @Kaiwan_NI do you mind forwarding this to the maschine+ development team?

• tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 160 Advisor

I would love to have Replika and Supercharger on the M+ as well!

• Acidizer
    edited January 2023

You need to be connected a PC to use Replika, so not standalone.

Seems bizarre really. Surely it can handle it. imo they shouldn't really advertise it if it doesn't run in standalone mode.

Raum works in standalone.

• Acidizer

Not having a flapship delay for M+ is rather embarrassing I would say.

Very surprised it is not supported, especially two years later. I assume it's not coming.

The whole point for M+ is standalone. Don't prominently feature something that is off limits as a selling point, it is misleading yes.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

My mistake here, indeed those effects are not accessible in Standalone.

Let's cross fingers new additions to M+ are coming soon 🤞

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

Don't both those plugins render their UI using OpenGL? Seem to remember something like that years ago when they where having issues with the UIs on release, that being the case, they will never be on the M+.

• flixmux
    flixmux Member Posts: 6 Member

You don't need an UI on the M+, the other plugins don't show anything either. These are all modified versions.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

Yeah i should have been clearer, I think the plugins that used OpenGL for their UI generation where based on libraries that are not sympatico to porting to headless Linux.

But at the same time, there are a whole bunch of plugins that use the Raum and Phasis frameworks, and non of those have been ported either, so may be just laziness or they have been told by their new owners to not waste any time on it.