How to create my own Effect presets?

iandeegrees
iandeegrees Member Posts: 7 Member
edited January 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi there,

I just bought my S-series keyboard, so please excuse this - maybe - stupid questions.

I am used to to tweak my effects and not using stock settings.

1.) How can I save edited ones for or in Komplete Kontrol?

I also want to know how to add my own effects (which are not listed in the "browser"), I only can add them via mouse under the "+" and VSTs folder.

2.) How can I save them to appear in the "User"-browser?

I Only found, that I can save Effects TOGETHER WITH a preselected synth.

And how can I remove unused effects? In the settings ("Library") I only found how to add and manage "User" Locations, but not how to remove them for "Factory".

3.) How can I disable them?

4.) Is it possible to save whole chains (Synth and Effects)?

Thank you in advance

Best Answer

• iandeegrees
    Answer ✓

Ok. I found out how to save an effect preset:

Load an effect plugin (click " + " select your plugin, tweak it and click "save as" from the menu.

What I was didn't recognized was, that the top Name changes, based on the selection in the "Synth and effect" chain.

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro

You can save anything you've modified in the plugin as a named preset in the file system from within Kontakt.

• iandeegrees

Hi DunedinDragon, I am not in Kontakt, I am in "Komplete Kontrol". I found out how to save modified "Instruments" but not how to save "modified effects" or add my own in the "preset browser"

• iandeegrees
    Answer ✓

Ok. I found out how to save an effect preset:

Load an effect plugin (click " + " select your plugin, tweak it and click "save as" from the menu.

What I was didn't recognized was, that the top Name changes, based on the selection in the "Synth and effect" chain.