Maschine MK3 malfunction

Jasmine Nicole
Jasmine Nicole Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi I have recently got a Maschine MK3 and I’ve been following the steps to utilize plug ins however my keyboard that I plugged in is showing up and responding when I play it on the screen but no sound would come out and I would have a lot of loud static. I just want to know if someone would help me with this problem. The monitor is on and the settings is on Focus. I also what to know how to use Maschine MK3 with Logic Pro X and switch between the 2 for editing purposes. Thank you so much.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Hello,

what keyboard do you use, and if you okay the same sound with maschine pads in keyboard mode it sounds fine? I would not recommend to use maschine inside a DAW for beginners, first learn maschine inside out. You can also export you projects as wave file (even different modes as a whole/devided or single group/sounds) and import into your DAW.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Jasmine Nicole More info would be helpful here. What is your operating system? What keyboard is it? What soundcard are you using? What are your audio settings?

• Jasmine Nicole

Hi thank you guys so much for responding. The keyboard I’m using is a regular Yamaha. I think it’s 88keys. It is not a midi keyboard. I see on YouTube people are using it with the Maschine but they don’t show you the steps on connecting both. Here are my Audio settings under preferences: Driver: Core Audio, Device: Maschine mk3, Status: Running, Sample Rate: 44100, Buffer Size: 512, Input is 1: In L, 2: In R and the rest says not connected. The Output says 1: Main L, 2: Main R, 4: Headphone R, 3: Headphone L. My DAW is Logic Pro X, I have a Mac, and I have a Scarlett Audio interface. I’m not sure what a sound card is. Would you be able to tell me what a sound card is please and thank you. If I’m missing any information please let me know.

Best

Jasmine Nicole

• Uwe303
    edited January 2023

Your scarlett is a soundcard/audio interface, is a digital to analog and analog to digital converter optimized for audio signals. And your Yamaha keyboard should work fine can you maybe tell us the model and how you tried to connect it.

• Jasmine Nicole

Ok sure First I plugged in the keyboard to the mic input in the Maschine mk3 then I plugged in my headphones. Then on the Maschine mk3 I pressed the settings button then went to audio then changed the input to maschine mk3, then I added an audio sampler device so I pressed shift then audio then pressed load. Then I pressed the sampling button then pressed external mono then went selected input 1 where the mic is. So now I’m able to see a wave whenever I press the keys but no sound. I turned the monitor to on and still no sound then I went onto the software and changed the sound in the Default settings to Focus and I still have no sound.

• Uwe303

Ok mic input is totally wrong, you have to use the line input if you want to record audio from that keyboard. But i guess you want to play maschine instruments with the keyboard, then look on the back if it has a din midi plug, it has 5 holes in a half circle and it's normally tagged with midi out/in/thru. Or you tell us the model name.

• Uwe303

This is a simple midi cable, one end goes into midi out of your Yamaha keyboard and the other end goes into midi in of maschine. https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B09JG4Q3WB/ref=sspa_mw_detail_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams

• Jasmine Nicole

Ok great thank you so much. I will try that, and let you know how it works

• Uwe303

But please check if your Yamaha keyboard has midi out, but i guess it has.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Jasmine Nicole Did it work it out? Need more help on this?