Any Plans To Make the Maschine Mikro MK3 Class Compliant?

vincent404
vincent404 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I’m really liking my Maschine Mikro, but I really wish I could use it with my iPad DAW of choice and my Mac. Are there any plans to make an update to the firmware to make it (or any of the Maschine lineup) class compliant or allow midi mode to work without the computer driver?

Comments

• macchinista
    macchinista Member Posts: 28 Helper

+ 1

I also would love to use it with my iOS device

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod

Hey folks, unfortunately this is very unlikely. MIDI is handled by the Maschine software or the Controller Editor software when in MIDI mode, it needs a computer to operate, it can't be plug & play on an iPad.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

That would be really cool but I doubt it, it's been like this for 13 years.

Our best bet is that the folks at Rebellion make some sort of dongle-like adapter.

• RPH
    RPH Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Just to put it out there, a class-compliant MIDI controller with the excellent pads from Maschine is on my wishlist. To use with e.g. Beatmaker 3 on iPad. Am now looking elsewhere (Akai or Novation), but so far the pads on Maschine seem very much liked for finger drumming.

• CSGiles
    CSGiles Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited May 2023

I just installed the Apple Studio Display and quickly discovered the same thing. The Komplete Audio 6 will not be recognized unless it is plugged directly into the computer, or to a hub that is plugged directly into a computer. There is a support article that explains the interface may not be recognized without a firmware update. But, if you try to do that update under MacOS Ventura, you get an error message

“KA6MK2Updater” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

And the firmware updater cannot proceed. I've got a new machine on the way that has a third port on the computer itself (a 16" MacBook Pro M2) so I will limp along and hope that will solve the issue as I'll have a open port available for Audio 6 - but come on Native Instruments. This issue has apparently been going on for a long time.

The support article that tells you to update the firmware is at:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209570629

But, like I said. It will not work.

• D-One
    edited May 2023

That's just MacOS telling you the app isn't signed (or not from the appstore). Right-click the updater app and select "open", confirm it and it should run.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    edited May 2023

Apple has been implementing DriverKit in latest iOS/iPadOS versions so maybe someday midi drivers could be implemented without requiring mfi policy.

Meanwhile is better to look elsewhere from old padKontrol/Vestax pad One to Akais, novations or presonus…

• CSGiles
    CSGiles Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

D-One. Thank you for the response but I’d thought of that. There is nothing to right click. When one tries to run the installer a dialogue window pops up that says:

”’KA6MK2 Updater’ can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.”

So it isn’t the usual warning about something not downloaded from the App Store and one can’t bypass it. Something is involved that NI has to fix at the level of code. But thanks anyway.

• D-One
    edited May 2023

What do you mean there's nothing to right-click? Right-click the KA6MK2Updater.app itself, like so:

As you can see from the video if I just double-click it then it doesn't work but with right-click and "Open" it does.

If it fails for some odd reason check MacOs Prefereces>Privacy & Security and either press "Open Anyway" and/or enable the option above it from the screenshot and try again:

• nickstomp
    nickstomp Member Posts: 15 Member

I think this is possible as they need something like the A61 keyboard

on the A61, if it doesn't detect the software, it works as a standard midi keyboard

I use it on my ipad that way.

I sold my maschine mikro just because I couldn't use it on my ipad.

And I really think that they will sold a ton more devices if they implemented that as it is the best pad controller on the market.

They really need to set it to the current midi mode if there's no machine driver connected. I think its a quick fix but they don't do it.