Maschine+ Deleted Projects Still Show up

AkNi
AkNi Member Posts: 27 Member
edited July 2022 in Maschine

Hi!

Why are my projects on my Maschine+ still showing up at the "File" section when I delete them?

It's kinda annoying.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Andy

Tagged:

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

Seen that happen as well, but wasn’t bothered enough to even think about it.

It’s the same with lots of PC software that remembers last opened files: If you delete one of those files from the file system, the application will still list them as last opened files.

But it would indeed be nice if an integrated device would have better behavior.

• AkNi
    AkNi Member Posts: 27 Member

I hope they will "fix" this

• felipeazucares
    felipeazucares Member Posts: 28 Member

The “file” section in maschine plus just seems to be a list of the most recently opened files - so deleting something from your SD card doesn’t seem to remove it from the list of files. I can see why NI might think this makes sense, but its a pain in the butt because you can still end up trying to select them to open even after they’re no longer there.

• interceptor
    interceptor Member Posts: 8 Member

I also have some problems related to this. I noticed that a few of my saved projects doesn´t show up on recent projects. Very annoying.

When i connect M+ in storage mode I can see the projects on the SD card on my computer. I even tried to make a copy of the project and resave it on the SD card from the computer, but no go.

Please NI, make a regular file browser here. And not just recent projects.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

Use Browse [User] -> Projects: There’s the whole list of your projects.

• interceptor
    interceptor Member Posts: 8 Member

Ah yes! Thank you 🙏 I didnt think of that.

• diamondone
    diamondone Member Posts: 6 Member

I'm also getting this issue (controler mode)

I have deleted a bunch of projects from my computer, but they still show up in the maschine browser. Is there a log file I need to delete somewhere?

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 336 Guru

@diamondone said:

I have deleted a bunch of projects from my computer, but they still show up in the maschine browser. Is there a log file I need to delete somewhere?

This is generally stored in the registry on windows. In this case, there are several 'RecentFile' entries under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Maschine 2

I can't say it's safe to delete (make backups if you want to try); but at least you know where the data is stored.

Not sure how it's handled in apple world.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited November 2022

M+ is a computer, so it inherits whatever issues the PC/Mac version has.

The same problem exists even in mature DAW's, Ableton for example still displays recent projects it can't find but it does show them greyed out and an option to "remove unavailable sets". Cubase only shows an option to remove it from the list if you try to load it... Not very smart for a 32-year-old DAW.

Some applications have a fancy "File>History" that checks if the files still exist before listing them, but it's quite rare from my experience.

It would be cool to have a simple "Clear All Recents" button, that would suffice for me.

On MacOS it's just a plist file:

/Users/<USER_NAME>/Library/Preferences/com.native-instruments.Maschine 2.plist

• anzbert
    anzbert Member Posts: 39 Helper

hey thx for that. that makes sense now :) in the browse view you can also delete projects from standalone mode on the maschine plus by pressing erase. the file view showing recent projects and not the actual projects on the sd card really confused me.

• MASCHINE_TECH 911
    MASCHINE_TECH 911 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited April 2023

anyone that uses windows if you go to the registry you will see the list of recent files just highlight them and delete the path === Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Maschine 2 look to the screen on the right you should see recent files in red just delete restart maschine software and your done make sure you have maschine software closed not open when you go into the registry

everyone your welcome I WILL KEEP MY EARS OPEN TO HELP ANYONE PEACE

• MASCHINE_TECH 911
    MASCHINE_TECH 911 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

AS YOU SEE FILES ARE GONE

make sure you have maschine software closed not open when you go into the registry

ITS ALL LOVE

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited April 2023

Yes, on MacOS is the same but the entries are stored in a file, however this wont help the main topic of an Maschine+ (in standalone mode) since we don't have access to it's internal drive.