Kontakt 6 keeps crashing.

jjaammee1122
jjaammee1122 Member Posts: 19 Member
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

I just upgraded to KOMPLETE 13 ULTIMATE Collectors Edition and Kontakt 6 keeps crashing. In stand alone and Logic Pro x. I'm on a iMac Retina 2020. macOS Catalina.

Need help ASAP. Projects are due. Thanks!!

Comments

• GrumpyOIdMan
    GrumpyOIdMan Member Posts: 8 Member

Hi All ... maybe we share a similar problem

I updated to Monterey on Monday 21st of Feb ... and it worked perfectly fine while I checked all my "beloved Instruments" πŸ˜‰

Too bad ... today (Thursday 24th) Logic pro crashes EVERY TIME I try to open a project that includes anything regarding NI (Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt player, whatever).

If I open a new empty project it works fine with Logic internal instruments, but when I try to load anything NI like in the empty track it crashes immediatly ... sometimes including "Process dump" ...

... I am really frustrated at the moment πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

Cheers, Manfred (aka GrumpyOldMan)

(I am on MacBookPro from 2019; running Monterey on Intel Processor, usind Komplete 13 Ultimate and S88MK2)

• jjaammee1122

Sorry you're having issues as well. Lets get to the bottom of this.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hey @jjaammee1122 I saw you've contacted our support team. If Kontakt 6.7.1 fixes the issue pls let us know here as well!

• jjaammee1122

Absolutely I will let you all know if it fixes the problem. We're all in this together.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Have you made sure to have the latest version of Logic Pro? Head over to App Store > Updates to check it out.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

Not that it will help you at the moment but, suggestion for future is to NEVER update your system while in the middle of any projects you need to finish especially if you are a macOS user. Even if your system has to be 12 months out of date, just don't do it as every macOS/Apple update these days is a step into the unknown when it comes to reliability with everything else.

• Rosewood Music
    Rosewood Music Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Also having a problem using Kontakt plugins on Logic Pro. Right now, I've spent hours trying to find a solution and have re-installed everything and I can't use one single Kontakt plugin on Logic Pro.

Mac Big Sur 0S 11.1 with all updates installed

plus all updates for Kontakt latest version

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Our Kontakt team should look into this with you to know more. Feel free to contact us here: https://bit.ly/n1konta

• Kapa de Freitas
    Kapa de Freitas Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2022

Hello,

I am also having an issue with Kontakt on my M1 running Big Sur.

It had been running fine, I installed the Scarbee A-200 it it stopped working in plugin mode (Ableton AU and VST3) and as a Standalone...

I have manually uninstalled it and re-installed it and it doesn't work...

Any thoughts?

EDIT: I Uninstalled it again ( didn't delete user preferences last time) as well as the Kontakt Factory Library, and now it's working again. Little side note, when trying to Install the factory library again, Native Access prevents download saying I need to free up a different amount of space every time... I have 67GB free and the Kontakt Library is 22gb. Instalation path is on a different hard drive.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Kapa de Freitas your issue might be different from the OP's since your OS is Big Sur, but glad to hear you've managed to sort everything out by reinstalling. As for your side note about Native Access, this is due to purgeable space needed in your internal drive, even if you're install the library on an external hard drive.

• Kapa de Freitas
    Kapa de Freitas Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2022

Hi @Kaiwan_NI , Thank you for that info on the purgeable space thing! I was completely unaware of it.

Anyway, after reading the info on the link you provided, I realised that I had already tried one of the suggested solutions: I changed the download location to an external SSD that has 230gb of free space and I still had that problem... granted, I didn't check the purgeable space.... will do it now.

EDIT: on a drive with 169gb free space, I Have 474,4 mb of purgeable space.. at first I had misunderstood what the purgeable space was, after googling it, I realise that Native Access should be able to download the 22gb installer to this drive.

• babymicrobe
    babymicrobe Member Posts: 1 Member

This is still happening here. Ihave to re-open some old logic sessions that use Kontakt 5. These are sessions from five years ago. I am on Big Sur now.

As soon as I try to open an instance of Kontakt 6 in one of these old sessions that use Kontakt 5 Logic immediately crashes.

It's really aggravating and it is stopping me from working - has anyone found a workaround for this?

Many thanks in advance

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
  • Pan2C
    Pan2C Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Kontakt 6 (full) not the player. Defective? Crashes Cubase 12.I Install the latest version of Kontakt 6. Number 1 issues is native instruments are fully aware of this, they keep patching. I Upgrade to the CE edition from 12 to 13 last year. The 6 plays but don’t adjust ex volume or anything while play is on going? Or closing kontakt screen and switching to another track it crashing Cubase every time. I Used the registry removal tool supplied by Native Instruments to reinstall kontakt 6. Also deleted the folder with version 6 . But I have been using kontakt 5 for years not a single problem. Now using kontakt 7 player works flawlessly. My 3rd parties library are the issue. Example fluffy piano comes up as a β€œdemo” under kontakt play 7. Solution pay $99 bucks for the upgrade to full Kontakt 7 and give up on 6.

• Pan2C
    Pan2C Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

It’s windows 10 with all the latest patches. Come on native instruments supply all your customers with version 7 and by pass version 6 please. Too buggy to fix.