Battery 4 and User Libraries Problem.

MoHoK
MoHoK Member Posts: 16 Member
edited January 2023 in Battery 4

hello there,

well after the last update of Battery 4, i can't browse the user library inside battery.

no haven't tried in Komplete Kontrol... i don't like it, i don't use it and it's not working in there too.

yes i tried to change the paths to USER, in the library tab... had no luck.

i uninstalled completely battery and Battery 4 factory library.... and nothing changed.

any other ideas?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod
    Answer ✓

Here's an installer for the previous version: Battery 4.2.0 for Windows

Does that make a difference? Let us know. I think we need to look into your system in more depth so I'll probably create a ticket and get in touch by email so my colleagues can have a look into the issue.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

and if you use the files browser, are you then able to load your user kits? If your kits are in the user folder, be sure to add the right one, on windows you have one local user folder and one under one drive - at least that was the issue on my computer with battery.

• MoHoK

the path is the default one.. they're just not loading from there, neither any other path... and can't figure what is wrong with it... thank you very much..

• Uwe303

And did you try the file browser in battery?

• MoHoK

indeed... it's like they're not working... only way to load them is like File -> Open -> Browse and load kit itself... nothing more than it.. they don't show up... not sure though how to downgrade...

• Uwe303

so you can´t even open them via "Files" tab?

• MoHoK
  • Jeremy_NI

@MoHoK Have you tried resetting the database of Battery 4:

1. In the Windows File Explorer, go to the following location:
    2. C: > Users > "Your Username" > AppData > Local > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The "AppData" is a hidden Windows folder. See this article for instructions to display hidden Windows folders.
    4. Search through the Native Instruments folder at this location to find the Battery 4 folder
    5. Delete only the folder for Battery 4
    6. Reopen Battery 4 to check that the issue has been resolved.

• MoHoK
    edited January 2023

thank you very much sir :) did it twice,....

Battery just Lost the path where the kits are (in my case C:\Users\username\Documents\Native Instruments\Battery 4\Kits

placed it manually both times.. and made a "rescan", and UNFORTUNATELY that fix didn't worked me...

PS

the files i have are MONOLITHS with .nbkt extension.

using windows 11 x64 Version: 22H2 (Os Build 22621.1105) fully updated.

Battery version is 4.3.0 (R0)

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert
    edited January 2023

Open Windows Registry editor and go to key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\

Then find the Battery Library subfolder and look inside for a value named as: ContentDir

Double click on it and enter the path you wrote in your comment (C:\Users\username\Documents\Native Instruments\Battery 4\Kits)

Close registry, re-open your Battery and you should be fine.

• MoHoK
    edited January 2023

thank you very much sir, though there is no value named like this or something similar.

EDIT: Tried to add the string manually... as ContentDir since it's doesn't exist... unfortunately nothing changed...

• Jeremy_NI
    edited January 2023

@MoHoK Tricky one. Can you post a screenshot of Battery's preferences -> Library -> Factory and Library -> User ?

• MoHoK

there they are... Factory on first and User in the other...

just have to say i didn't changed anything, in previous version everything was working normally as should... the only thing changed is the version of battery... still can't find a downgrade on it that will actually work tbh...

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Here's an installer for the previous version: Battery 4.2.0 for Windows

Does that make a difference? Let us know. I think we need to look into your system in more depth so I'll probably create a ticket and get in touch by email so my colleagues can have a look into the issue.

• MoHoK

thank you very very much Jeremy... i installed it, signed out of my windows account, and signed in again... the libraries are there right now, personally i don't care about it...but since i have created tonz of custom presets since i am working with many different styles, being able to browse them like this, is making my workflow way much better...

no complaints by any means, BUT the update (4.30 (R0)) that i had installed now doesn't show up in NI_Access (version 3.1.0) :P for me is enough that is working as is right now :) if you need any further information for further investigation if other people have same problems, i will be happy to help :)

thank you very much for the installer.

• Jeremy_NI

@MoHoK Well, I'm glad it worked out for you. I might contact you by email regarding this so we can do a proper bug report (if not already reported). I'll bring that up with the support team and will get back to you if needed.