connect external synths and record in midi and audio

AlexDanilo91
AlexDanilo91 Member Posts: 7 Member

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, thank you all for sharing.

I want to connect my 4 synthesizers to my Maschine mk3 and standalone software to be able to record live loops.

Currently I can record a sound for each synth to midi, but I would like the signal recorded in midi to be converted to audio in real time so I can switch banks of sounds on my synths and record multiple different sounds with the same keyboard. this thing in midi is not possible because if I change the bank on the various synths, the previously recorded sound changes.

Is there a fast way during live to convert the midi recording to audio without having to use the internal sampler of maschine? even using a daw like logic.

Thanks to anyone who will help me.

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

https://youtu.be/5n_95rUTvfs

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

im pretty sure logic has a bounce in place function, like any other daw today has, you can use it to do what you want.

• AlexDanilo91

Hi, I wanted to know if there is a daw that is perfectly interfaced with Maschine and that allows me to record loops in real time with my external synths.

Basically I want to record audio loops in real time with my keyboards and then control them with Maschine in order to take advantage of the pattern mixing typical of Maschine.

what do you recommend me to do?

• Uwe303

I would use ableton, with the ableton control script and maschine additionally as plugin to add additional sounds. Let's say you record audio from your keyboards on several tracks in your DAW, you would have to transfer it into maschine (plugin or stand alone) in order to be able to use maschine arranging features. You could also use maschine stand alone and record your external synths one by one, that way you use full potential of maschine but ....only one synth at a time.

• AlexDanilo91

I have already tried this method of yours, the problem is that maschine does not allow me to record audio loops and play them in real time, I would like to create songs played live by looping all the synths I record in real time, I read that there is an akai force sampler

akai force allows you to record loops of various synths connected in audio and play them in real time, mixing them together and adding, always in real time, effect plug-ins. the problem is that this sampler has a very high cost

• AlexDanilo91

I leave a link of what I would like to get

this guy uses akai force

https://fb.watch/hSMHXAfkr2/

• Uwe303

Ahh ok now i see, you could try to use a audio interface with many channels, prepare some pads to record from different inputs, and save this as standard start template for maschine. You wouldn't even don't need a extra DAW to do that. You can even use a pedal switch to trigger recording. If you don't have a interface with many inputs you could use a mixer to route them one by one to the same input and record it from there. I will check if the input settings get saved with the project.

• Uwe303

Ohh I forgot to mention, that you have to use audio tracks in maschine not sampler tracks, it then should play the loop after you recorded it.

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

https://youtu.be/5n_95rUTvfs

• AlexDanilo91

thanks! looks like what i was looking for!

I try and let you know! :)))

• AlexDanilo91

Thanks so much!!! i tried the loop function in sampling and it does exactly what i ask for!

now i would like to ask you one more thing, if i don't open maschine in stand alone but i use it as vst in logic it doesn't record my synths, is there any way i can do it? I need logic to have an audio track of the guide voice in the sequencer.

thanks!!

• Uwe303

Im not a logic user myself, so i can't help you with the routing inside of logic. And as far as I remember au instruments do not have an audio input. You could use maschine as FX plugin in the audio track where your instrument sound comes into logic - but maybe we have some logic experts here with more/better information.