Komplete Kontrol S61 with Ableton Live under MacOS M1 chip

Stefan Isarie
Stefan Isarie Member Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hey all!

I am the new owner of a Komplete Kontrol S61 keyboard which I intend to use in conjunction with Ableton Live 11.1 on a MacbookAir M1 chip on which I also have attached an Ableton Push 2.

After the usual setup (installing Diva, Hive, Arturia Pigments, Synthmaster One and Synthmaster 2), after putting both Komplete Kontrol app and the DAW in Rosetta mode, I have the following issue which denies the use of Komplete Kontrol S61 usability:

• Under Adobe Live, I'm creating two MIDI tracks and load Komplete Kontrol Plugin on each
  • I am selecting a different software instrument for each of the tracks, lets say Diva for the first track and Hive for the second one, using the Plugin/Browse buttons - at this point everything is fine and works as expected
  • When I go from track 2 (Hive) to track 1 (Diva), the Komplete Kontrol S61 Plug-in and Browse buttons are no longer lit, meaning, I can't change the presets or load any other software instrument! ARP and Scale buttons are also not available anymore!

Didn't I setup Ableton Live correct? Is the keyboard faulty (bought as new from Thomann)? It has the latest firmware version.

Any help would be really appreciated! In case I've omitted anything about my setup/software, please ask!

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Stefan Isarie
    Answer ✓

I have reinstalled everything and all is fine now. It appears there where a conflict somewhere in the software.

Answers

• Stefan Isarie
    Answer ✓

I have reinstalled everything and all is fine now. It appears there where a conflict somewhere in the software.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Thank you for sharing the update @Stefan74!

This discussion has been closed.