Maschine+ not loading my plug-in library

Options
Stidders
Stidders Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi all. I recently bought a second hand Maschine plus. The license transfer has been completed and is registered to me.

I cannot get my NI access library content on it tho, it just shows the free ones it came with. Any ideas?!

I’ve tried factory reset, updated all my access products etc.

I already owned a software copy of maschine 2 and have no problem with my purchases appearing in my library list.. but I bought the maschine plus specifically as it is supposed to be standalone.

I raised a NI support ticket a few days ago but yet to hear anything.

thank you in advance

Best Answer

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately, much of those aren't usable with the M+ in standalone mode (especially the plugins and much of K13 ☹️ although you can use it all in controller mode when attached to a computer by USB).

You are definitely not the first person to have that misunderstanding and NI marketing materials don't do a great job of making it clear that only certain products will be compatible with standalone. I remember having exactly that same frustration at the beginning, I couldn't believe that things like Massive X and Play series instruments were not usable on M+.

But once I got over that initial shock I learned to see it a different way. For me, the M+ is the best of all worlds:

- When my priority is having something I can use away from home or away from the distraction of my full studio (like outside in the fresh air) it is a great standalone groovebox.

- But when I want to have access to all my VSTs, other gear, great monitors, a full-size keyboard, etc. and the luxury of my full studio (which let's face it for almost all of us includes a PC/Mac too), you unplug the M+ power adapter, plug one USB-B cable from M+ to your computer and you have everything you'd have access to with a Maschine MK3 (admittedly at a much higher price).

Trust me, this is a glass half-full/half-empty situation. Once you adjust your expectations a bit you'll find that it's a really great system.

And if you have a reasonably compact laptop (I bought one for $300 at Costco for this purpose that is plenty for running the Maschine 2 software), you basically offset the biggest request that most people have with the M+ which is that they end up wanting a battery and speaker to make it fully portable - which of course is exactly what a laptop can be seen as for the M+ (because you don't need an AC adapter when it's connected this way). 👍

Answers

• Peter Harris
    edited January 2023
    Options

What content are you trying to open on M+ from Native Access? There are only certain instruments that are compatible with it and those are enabled directly from the library under settings on the M+ (not Native Access). Can you see things like Massive and Monark?

When you press the Browse button on M+ can you use the keys at the top above the screens to switch between different categories like Projects Groups, Sounds, Instruments, etc?

When you go here

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/my-account/my-products-serials-downloads/

to look at your products that are registered and installed, do you see your Maschine Plus listed as well as the other products registered to your account that aren't usable on the M+ like Play series instruments, Massive X, etc. that you owned before buying the new device?

Some M+ purchasers don't realize that the device is only compatible with a fairly small set of NI products so that may be the misunderstanding.

• Stidders
    Stidders Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi Peter

thanks for the help.

yes I can scroll through. It literally just seems to be the 13 free plugins.

this is my list of plugins… it’s including the maschine +.

Teletone Audio - Postcard Piano

Teletone Audio - Scarbo

Replika

Expansion - Lockdown Grind

KOMPLETE 13 SELECT

Maschine 2 for Maschine MK3

Native Browser Preview Library

Reverb Classics

Teletone Audio - Vespertone

MASCHINE Plus NI 25 Ultraviolet

MASCHINE Plus Selection

Hypha (Holiday Gift 2022)

• Peter Harris
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately, much of those aren't usable with the M+ in standalone mode (especially the plugins and much of K13 ☹️ although you can use it all in controller mode when attached to a computer by USB).

You are definitely not the first person to have that misunderstanding and NI marketing materials don't do a great job of making it clear that only certain products will be compatible with standalone. I remember having exactly that same frustration at the beginning, I couldn't believe that things like Massive X and Play series instruments were not usable on M+.

But once I got over that initial shock I learned to see it a different way. For me, the M+ is the best of all worlds:

- When my priority is having something I can use away from home or away from the distraction of my full studio (like outside in the fresh air) it is a great standalone groovebox.

- But when I want to have access to all my VSTs, other gear, great monitors, a full-size keyboard, etc. and the luxury of my full studio (which let's face it for almost all of us includes a PC/Mac too), you unplug the M+ power adapter, plug one USB-B cable from M+ to your computer and you have everything you'd have access to with a Maschine MK3 (admittedly at a much higher price).

Trust me, this is a glass half-full/half-empty situation. Once you adjust your expectations a bit you'll find that it's a really great system.

And if you have a reasonably compact laptop (I bought one for $300 at Costco for this purpose that is plenty for running the Maschine 2 software), you basically offset the biggest request that most people have with the M+ which is that they end up wanting a battery and speaker to make it fully portable - which of course is exactly what a laptop can be seen as for the M+ (because you don't need an AC adapter when it's connected this way). 👍