Activating Komplete 7

dlbeaty
dlbeaty Member Posts: 6 Member

My misfortune is that I purchased the update from 4 to 7 from NI when it first came out, but due to a series of family crisis was not able to get back into the studio and install it. My PC's are not recent but I do have Windows 10 and Cubase 8.5 running well in 32 bit.

There has been much catching up to do and I really cannot abandon all my 32 bit projects that require 32 bit VST's. It was my hope that I could get to use Komplete 7 until I learned that Service Center is gone. After installing Native Access I was able to register the package and several of the programs are listed as able to download or locate on my system.

First, I downloaded Kontakt 7 and saw that no libraries were found. So I installed the libraries from my DVD's. They are not recognized by 7 but can be accessed in 4. Next I downloaded the Vienna Concert Grand, which is recognized it 7 but are seen as "demo" in 4.

I am not sure about the order here. I might have installed Kontakt 4 first but could not activate it. I could be that when I downloaded 7 that it automatically activated 4. I am pleased in any event that I can use the original orchestral samples, but am confused as to what is happening. Has anyone else had this issue or something similar?

Other apps and samples I have installed work only as demos, since they do not show up in Native Access.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Dan

Best Answers

• dlbeaty
    Answer ✓

Right after I posted this, I was checking versions of FM8 on Native Access as I had just downloaded the most recent 32 bit version. Then when I loaded FM8 to see the version it was "magically" registered with my license number. Then I loaded Guitar Rig 4 and it was registered also. I still get "demo version" when I try Vintage Organs and Vienna Concert Grand, but there does not seem to be any limitations to use them.

It could be that the support team is working on this but they have not notified me of anything so far.

Dan

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,127 Expert
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

@dlbeaty

It's worth noting that (and my apologies if you know this already) 32-bit/64-bit mainly has to do with how much RAM can be utilized by your device. 32-bit has a hard limit of 4GB RAM (which is not much for today's standards), whereas 64-bit has practically none. Also, 32-bit apps can run fine under a 64-bit OS, but not the other way around.

Generally said, it's way better to own a 64-bit OS. But you also need a 64-bit capable CPU.

Answers

• dlbeaty
    Answer ✓

Right after I posted this, I was checking versions of FM8 on Native Access as I had just downloaded the most recent 32 bit version. Then when I loaded FM8 to see the version it was "magically" registered with my license number. Then I loaded Guitar Rig 4 and it was registered also. I still get "demo version" when I try Vintage Organs and Vienna Concert Grand, but there does not seem to be any limitations to use them.

It could be that the support team is working on this but they have not notified me of anything so far.

Dan

• dlbeaty

Following up for anyone who is interested. The key for me was installing the latest 32 bit version of Kontakt. As I mentioned earlier I have many projects that depend on other 32 bit plugins for now. After installing Kontakt 6 Native Access registered everything I have installed so far. Battery 3, Guitar Rig 4, Abbey Road Drums, Vienna concert Grand, FM8, Vintage Organs.

These still show as demos in Kontakt 4, but there I can use the default, built samples that were installed with it from my DVD's. Many features in Komplete 7 are not that useful to me but I will probably install them while I still can.

Since Cubase 32 bit and 64 are said to be able to co-exist, I might go ahead and install the 64 bit version and update to the available 64 bit NI plugins that I can. I hesitated because this pc is originally a Windows 7 pc that has only an i7 2.9ghtz dual core processor, which runs good for now.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

If you install from DVD, or generally instalation files, you must run Native Access after that to authorise instalations. If you install it using download by NA, it will be authorised automatically after installation.

I am not sure if NA gets all your licences from your account, or you have to enter licences to NA. Also, to see old/legacy SW in NA you must activate propper tick in NA setup page.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,127 Expert
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

@dlbeaty

It's worth noting that (and my apologies if you know this already) 32-bit/64-bit mainly has to do with how much RAM can be utilized by your device. 32-bit has a hard limit of 4GB RAM (which is not much for today's standards), whereas 64-bit has practically none. Also, 32-bit apps can run fine under a 64-bit OS, but not the other way around.

Generally said, it's way better to own a 64-bit OS. But you also need a 64-bit capable CPU.

• dlbeaty

After reading through several forums, I learned that some 32 bit plugins did not work well in 64 bit versions of Cubase. Since all the plugins I have been using in older Cubase versions were 32 bit and my software package Komplete 7 was definitely 32 bit, and my pc is older, I attempted to work with 32 bit Cubase 8.5. 8.5 was said to the most backward compatible, but I did not know if that included the 64 bit version.

I have had no memory problems so far with the 32 bit versions.

My original concern was that NI announced on its site that legacy software was not supported by Native Access. The whole issue is more confusing that it needs to be IMO. Gladly I have been able to activate everything that I have installed so far except one item that Native Access shows as available. Akoustic Piano, which I have licensed from Komplete 4 is listed as available but will not load. It is on one other pc, but the official statement is that two are allowed.

The fact that some, not all Komplete 7 items are listed after entering my serial number in Native Access led me to believe that the more important ones were not available. It was only after installing Kontakt 6 32 bit that I was able to activate the plugins installed from my dvds.