How to setup second K2 on a traktor 3?

Options
Mixer888
Mixer888 Member Posts: 3 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

I have 2 k2s. They are using x link. I can get the first k2 working using the Allen and Heath TSI mapping file. It’s on midi channel 14. For the second K2 it can’t control decks c and d. I can’t seem to find the next step to get the second K2 working. Second K2 is on midi channel 13.

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,751 mod
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Get the cmdr editor (command manager done right), maintained by @dj_estrela.

You can find the old forum thread here and download the editor from here.

[Edit: The new thread]

Follow the installation instructions. Once set up, load the complete mapping pack into the editor. Mark all lines of commands from the mapping page (Ctrl+A). On the right side should be a pane where you can change the channel for all lines simultaneously. Do this for every page in the mapping pack. There could be 2 or more, if it's one of those really elaborate mappings.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

I heard that the trick was not to chain them in sequence. But i am not sure since i only own a single K2.

• Mixer888
    Options

I tried just plugging the second k2 in via usb. Still did not work. I then tried it by is itself and it looks like the mapping I’m using is designed for midi channel 14. How would I change it to work on a different midi channel?

• Sûlherokhh
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Get the cmdr editor (command manager done right), maintained by @dj_estrela.

You can find the old forum thread here and download the editor from here.

[Edit: The new thread]

Follow the installation instructions. Once set up, load the complete mapping pack into the editor. Mark all lines of commands from the mapping page (Ctrl+A). On the right side should be a pane where you can change the channel for all lines simultaneously. Do this for every page in the mapping pack. There could be 2 or more, if it's one of those really elaborate mappings.

• Mixer888
    Options

Thanks! I will see where I get with this.