how do I capture a picture of "Massive-X" (for instance) in the Cubase 12 VST Instruments Media bay?

J A
J A Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Most if not all older VST's including effects and synths from many mfr's (NI, Arturia, etc.) provide a little "camera" gadget in the upper right-hand corner of the synth/effect GUI (properties). (hope I'm using the correct terminology). Just click it, and a thumbnail picture of the GUI replaces the gray blank square in the media bay. The following NI synths/effects do NOT provide that camera gadget:

Massive X, Battery 4, Bite, Choral, Dirt, Flair, Freak, Guitar Rig 6 Pro, Phasis, Raum, Replika XT.

since there's no "camera" gadget, I can't replace the gray square with the GUI thumbnail.

if this question has already been answered, then I apologize for cluttering up the forum. I simply didn't know how to search for an answer to a cross-vendor interoperability issue.

by the way, the instruments and effects work FANTASTIC, even without the picture. 😁

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,039 mod
    Answer ✓

Then i don´t know, maybe you can ask in the steinberg forum, i tried right now and i see the camera, i first thought maybe a vst2/vst3 thing but no i see them on every plugin.

Have you installed the latest cubase update 12.0.52?

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

have you tried to switch to the generic GUI and back? You can switch it from the drop down menu on top of that window, right from cubase preset field.

• J A

Uwe303, thanks so much for getting the dialogue started.

this is what I clicked:

This is what came up:

clicking back to plugin editor, this is what came up:

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Then i don´t know, maybe you can ask in the steinberg forum, i tried right now and i see the camera, i first thought maybe a vst2/vst3 thing but no i see them on every plugin.

Have you installed the latest cubase update 12.0.52?

• J A

Thanks Uwe. Your interlocutory put me on to the answer, indirectly. Once you showed me the screenshot with the camera in it, I thought to myself "what other weird cubase GUI bug have I seen lately, that I solved...". the other bug was with cubase's animation of the VST Instruments (and effects) media bay's vertical slider. the bug was that it just grows to maximum size which keeps you from being able to slide it up and down to see the synths. the solution was to change the windows 11 -> settings -> system -> display -> Scale down from 125% to 100%. now the slider works fine. So I did the same thing for THIS bugaboo. Now I see the camera in the plugin editor, just like you show above. THANKS EVER SO MUCH!!

the moral of the story... cubase doesn't work right with anything except 100% scale in windows 11 (anyhow... maybe windows 10 as well, if it has that feature).

Cheers! -- J A