Loading Issue Plug-in/preset could not be loaded, Plug In VST folder empty

Judith
Judith Member Posts: 5 Member

I all !

I got the following message since I made an update on apple vst intruments (and I don't remember what update name it was, but apple was insisting me to do it)

"Loading Issue Plug-in/preset could not be loaded, as it may not yet support Apple Silicon or VTS2 to VST3 migration"

And since then don't have access anymore to the following plug in

I followed the instructions to resinstall them , but it doesn't work .

The folder or still empty :

it should be VST or VST3 on my computer

The plug in concern are :

Block Base, Block Prime, Flesh, FM8, Form,Kontour, Mikro Prosm, Monark, Polyplex, Prism, Reaktor, Rounds, Skenner XT, Spark, Super8, TRK-01, TRK-01Bass, TRK-01Kick

Any one to help me ?

I could re install all Komplete Control but I am afraid it won't reinstall in VST folders .

Thanks a lot

Judith

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    Answer ✓

These are all Reaktor instruments but Reaktor still needs updating to support Apple Silicon. For now to use these in Komplete Kontrol you need to run it in Rosetta mode

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/6178238907421-KOMPLETE-KONTROL-MASCHINE-Error-Product-could-not-be-loaded-as-it-may-not-support-Apple-Silicon-or-VST2-to-VST3-migration-

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 5 Member

Thanks !

It is because my Macbook pro is Apple Silicon / M1 Series ?

• Kymeia

Yes - but on Apple Silicon you can run apps in rosetta mode for compatibility purposes

we are in a transition period right now between apps that are native and apps that still need Intel so this update gives us both options (before KK could only run using Rosetta)

• wulisu
    wulisu Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi, I couln’t resist my comment. I have an Ultimate 13 that I spend a lot of money on, and I have the same issue. There was an upgrade to Maschine 2 one day, after that lots of NI plugins stopped working, also Arturia doesn't work anymore. I can’t open my projects because of that. For a moment, I was thinking about upgrading to Ultimate 14. This isn't the first time that NI doesn't take customers seriously. I would say go somewhere else if someone asked me about NI. I am so tired of it and disappointed.

• Kymeia
    edited January 2023

The update was to make Maschine and Komplete Kontrol Apple Silicon compatible - that’s a good thing and if anything shows NI are trying to meet customers needs and keep their products uptodate. They are making their whole product line compatible too - as of now the only one still being worked on is Reaktor, so most NI Komplete products do work, and Reaktor does too if you switch to Rosetta mode. The fact that Arturia NKS still need updating to load in the VST3 version is on Arturia, not NI. The plugins do work if loaded from the plugin list, just not yet from the NKS. If you need the Arturia NKS load them in Rosetta too until Arturia update their plugins to migrate presets

• wulisu
    wulisu Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited January 2023

Totaly agree Kymeia. Totaly agree what you saying, but Arturia Pigment is a VST3 and other Arturia plugins. I have checked it on Maschine 2 Plugins library. Unfortunately can't open it.

• Kymeia
    edited January 2023

I’m guessing you can’t open it from the NKS patches - as I said these were made with the VST2 versions and Arturia need to update their plugins so NKS patches made with the VST2 can also load in the VST3s (ie 'migrate'). Till then the VST3 plugins themselves will load from the plugin list, but if you need to load from a NKS patch you have to run Maschine in Rosetta mode.

• David!!!
    David!!! Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2023

@Kymeia I have the same problem than @Judith I get this message (see screen shot) when trying to open Flesh in Komplete Kontrol. I try to run Reaktor in Rosetta mode but it's not possible in 'get info' (see screenshot).. What am I supposed to do here? Thank you

• Mishu Calian
    Mishu Calian Member Posts: 7 Member

I really can't stand this anymore, NI is making a mockery of all of the people who spent thoushands on their software and hardware! This is still an issue today. GREAT JOB NI!

• Kymeia

What is an issue exactly? Arturia have made their plugin instruments NKS compatible on Apple Silicon, Reaktor is in the end stages of the beta process for Apple Silicon. Pretty much all NI's other plugins except Absynth (which is deprecated sadly) are already Apple Silicon compatible. It seems a lot of progress has been made already so how is any of that "NI making a mockery"?

• nardiz
    nardiz Member Posts: 6 Member

I'll tell you what the problem is. The problem doesn't lie with Arturia or NKS. The actual issue is that Native Instruments is simply incapable of providing proper updates to its customers since transitioning to Apple Silicon. This company is ridiculous considering its size and reputation. Instead of being honest with its customers, Native Instruments has been fooling its customers for over 2 years. As a Native Instruments customer, you're forced to use Rosetta to properly run your library or VST instruments. The problem lies with NTKdeamon, Kymeia. While other companies have long developed suitable updates for Apple Silicon, Native Instruments is making a mockery of its customers. I've had enough of this company. I thank Native Instruments for making it so easy for me to not spend another cent on this company.

• devadip
    devadip Member Posts: 13 Member
    edited September 2023

NI, Arturia, Rob Papen, Audiomodern, etc. etc. NOTHING WORKS NOW tryiing to load NKS on the Maschine browser. I work with Apple Intel and until some months ago alla worked fine but now it is a tragedy!

Please NI fix all this disaster.

Devadip

• Kymeia
    edited September 2023

OK all NI and Arturia NKS are working fine now on VST3, and Rob Papen fixed the VST3 NKS for Blue III and Bit 2 recently too so you might want to check out updates. RP are being slow fixing the rest but they do have a lot of plugins and a small team. The only Audiomodern app I have is Playbeat and that doesn't come as NKS, is any of it NKS compatible? I don't know tbh.

Actually if you are on Intel you can still use the VST2 versions anyway and not have to even worry about VST3 migration.

• devadip
    devadip Member Posts: 13 Member

Hi,

how can you choose the VST typology when you load from the browser on the Maschine left side ? Also U-HE doesn't run! Hive for example ..Diva too.....Repro 1 too, Repro 5 too.....Only Zebra is OK. XILS-4 doesn't run too, Poly KB too....

a Tragedy!

• Kymeia
    edited September 2023

You don’t need to ‘choose’ the plugin type, the NKS recalls by default whichever type it was saved with. All XILs plugins for example will only load in the VST2 versions as that is what they were created with and they don’t support migration.

Do you have the VST2 versions installed?

Are VST2 and VST3 menus showing in the plugin menu?

If not and you know you have VST2 versions installed check you have the VST2 plugin folder path added in settings/plugins