John Mayer Belief solo sound

lauridan
lauridan Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Hi all,

new Guitar Rigger on board.

Can anybody suggest a user preset for John Mayer sound?

Like Belief solo to give an example...

thanks

Daniele

Comments

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited January 2023

Hello,

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/john-mayer.45291/ you have to import the preset like shown here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209584169-How-to-Import-Presets-into-GUITAR-RIG

• lauridan

Thanks a lot!

Little doubt... i owned a Guitar rig 6 pro and the import extension required is .ngrr and .ksd.

This is .bnk and seems that it can't be imported.

Can you help me again, pls?

• Uwe303
    edited January 2023

Ohh, unfortunately bnk files are not longer supported, you need gr5 to open them. I didn't know that before, so i will try to open the file in gr5 and save it in a format you can hopefully ooen/import.

meanwhile i found this, a link is in the text: (249) John Mayer Tone in Guitar Rig 5 - YouTube

• lauridan

Thanks Uwe, waiting for your news.

I have a GR5 demo version and I tried to import it, choosing the right extension supported, but nothing happened :)

• Uwe303
    edited January 2023

Hello, after importing you sould find the preset under user presets, you can type in "i don´t" in the search field and it should come up. Same with the preset under the yt video, just import into gr6. on the "where the meyer is" patch are not all fx enabled, you can enable them to your liking, for example the 2 skreamers on top. What version of gr do you own, i just guessed gr6 cause you've said you are new to gr. You will also need a full version to open user presets as far as I remember.

• lauridan
    edited January 2023

Thanks again Uwe.

I own a guitar rig 6 pro.

I downloaded and imported the "I don't trust myself" patch. All works!

I'd like to smooth it a little to get the sound i like, any suggestion? i'm an absolute beginner, i've just used the product presets until now, so for me it's not easy to understand.

• Uwe303

I would disable the wah, cause you don´t have a a foot controller to play it, then lower the drive of the screamer, that should smooth it out. If not you maybe can describe a bit more what you mean and i can try to. On top there is a gate knob in yellow/orange you can also try to disable it or leave it on but change the value right from it to your liking, it cuts off if your guitar has a lower level but sometimes you don´t want that if you play dynamically for example.

made you an example with some better devices from gr6 and a moving wah

• Uwe303

(24) Guitar Rig 5 John Mayer Tone - YouTube

here a nice video, with its help you maybe can create your first own preset, now i realize on my altered one the reverb is not loud enough...