Contact (7) and Komplete Kontrol

Mike STM
Mike STM Member Posts: 4 Member

I've just updated some Scarbee/NI instruments; Jay-Bass, MM Bass, Pre-Bass and Rickenbacker Bass to the version released on 21-11-22. In the process I got an alert advising that they now need Kontact v7 to play.

I usually use them with Komplete Kontrol. Can anyone advise if I should expect these (and other Komplete instruments to work as usual in Komplete Kontrol?

Regards

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

You just need to download the latest version of the Kontakt player... (version 7) then you will be able to open them in KK. Note, if you have any Third Party "NON-Player" Libraries, if you go to KK Preferences --> Plugins and Deselect "Always use Latest Version of NI Plugins"... that will load the version of Kontakt that matches the version that the library was last saved in (to avoid them coming up in Demo mode)

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

You just need to download the latest version of the Kontakt player... (version 7) then you will be able to open them in KK. Note, if you have any Third Party "NON-Player" Libraries, if you go to KK Preferences --> Plugins and Deselect "Always use Latest Version of NI Plugins"... that will load the version of Kontakt that matches the version that the library was last saved in (to avoid them coming up in Demo mode)

• Mike STM
    Mike STM Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2023

Thanks Blindeddie, that's really good to know, and thanks for the extra tip re other Kontakt libraries.👍️