Komplete Kontrol and Arturia V Collection 9

Nzumbe
Nzumbe Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi,

quick question: I've read into the issue, but don't seem to grasp it in its entirety.

I've got an M1 MacBook (2021) on which I'm running Monterey 12.6.

A week ago I purchased the S88 and am loving it thus far. The only downside is that I can't seem to get Komplete Kontrol to run my Arturia libraries when I'm trying to select them through the "Browser" function of my keyboard. All of my libraries are displayed properly and I'm also getting a proper response when scrolling through the respective instruments' presets, but they can only be selected through my MacBook by loading them in.

After some reading I've managed to fix this issue for the standalone version of Komplete Kontrol by running it using Rosetta. It rescanned my plug ins and every library can now be initiated through the keyboard. However, this does not translate to the instance of Komplete Kontrol I'm using within Logic.

Is this going to be updated?

Am I at fault here?

Will the problem be fixed by running Logic using Rosetta?

If so, are there any noticeable downsides to doing so?

As I said, all libraries can be used, so it's more of an inconvenience than an actual issue. I was merely curious whether I overlooked something or will just have to wait.

Best regards!

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

You are not at fault, Arturia still need to fix their NKS to load in the VST3 versions. In the meantime you are right that running in Rosetta is a workaround but can be a performance hit, especially in Logic. I’m certain they will update them to fix this and take the fact that they are back in the NI shop as a good sign, although tbh it would have been better if they had fixed the issue first because now a lot more people on Mac are going to be running into this issue. I guess that might mean a fix is imminent though?

• pranaearth
    pranaearth Member Posts: 50 Helper

I've emailed Arturia about it and they are fully aware and working on it. They were not able to give me a timeline for when the work will be done, nor was I really expecting one.

• Kymeia

Yeah I heard the same

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

As a workaround, using the VST2 version of Komplete Kontrol and Arturia plugins should work 🧐

• Nzumbe

Any updates on this?

• Kymeia
    edited August 2023

Yes it's resolved - Arturia updated all their plugins months ago to work with NKS as VST3

• Nzumbe
    edited August 2023

Do I need to do something specific in order to get them to run? All of my Arturia plugins as well as my Komplete Kontrol have been updated continuously, but the issue still prevails.

/edit: Never mind, I got it to work by initialising Komplete Kontakt in standalone mode and then switching over to Ableton. Thanks! :)