Native Instruments Apple macOS 13 Ventura Compatibility

Comments

• ManukaStar
    ManukaStar Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I have recently purchased the Komplete Kontrol s49

I have an iMac, with Core Intel Processor, and running on macOS Ventura 13.01

| am able run Komplete Kontrol stand alone app, and open the Native Instruments plugins in Logic Pro.

But I have not been able to get host integration between Logic and Komplete Kontrol to use the transport and editing functions in the DAW.

Can you advise how I do this? Or if this is being addressed by Native Instruments?

• ManukaStar
    ManukaStar Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I have recently purchased the Komplete Kontrol s49

I have an iMac, with Core Intel Processor, and running on macOS Ventura 13.01

| am able run Komplete Kontrol stand alone app, and open the Native Instruments plugins in Logic Pro.

But I have not been able to get host integration between Logic and Komplete Kontrol to use the transport and editing functions in the DAW.

Can you advise how I do this? Or if this is being addressed by Native Instruments?

• synchronizerman
    synchronizerman Member Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2023

It looks like Kontakt has been updated as well.

Has anyone tried Guitar Rig 6 and FM8?

I also have Komplete Kontrol S49 and Cubase. I wonder if it's indeed safe to update now.

• kerrysmith
    kerrysmith Member Posts: 9 Member

We're working on Avid and Apple for THE FUTURE with their SDKs, but could you please tweak Kontakt 7 so that when we buy it to run Natively on our new Macs that ship with Ventura, our (composers worldwide) hundreds-of-Kontakt-instances-loaded templates will load automatically and correctly, migrating from their K6 instances?

• alphayash
    alphayash Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2023

No, there are no problems for me for so far, plus in VidMate & Momix I really like the snappier Metal 3 graphics 😄

• mrjackster
    mrjackster Member Posts: 8 Member

Will Kontakt 6 run in Ventura? I have Komplete 13 and not planning on updating this year - I tend to do ever two years on updates.

• 59th&60th
    59th&60th Member Posts: 1 Member

Hello,

I recently updated my macs software to venture, and now my external hard drive isn't appearing in the file. I've reinstalled maschine, but nothing. Any advice?

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 389 Pro
    edited January 2023

Is your external drive visible in Finder? If not, this is well documented bug. If the drive contains hidden recovery partition with older OS, Ventura will not see it at all (drive mounts but the file system is not accessible). What you need to do is to find someone with older OS, copy the drive content to another disk, reformat the drive as APFS under Ventura and then copy your files back to it.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@59th&60th Does Maschine has Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• Well
    Well Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2023

I currently have an M1 Max MacBook Pro and the NI plug-ins that the site says are not compatible, even with Rosetta, are working fine for me with Rosetta. But After about 6-8 komplete kontrol tracks in ableton my cpu (with 32gigs of ram) is getting overloaded and starts to glitch. I can return for a limited time my M1 for an M2 MacBook Pro with twice the hard drive and twice the ram for just a little more cost. I know I’ll need the ram, hard drive and faster processing in the future. But NI says they are not compatible with M2. does this mean even in Rosetta mode? Or just native? And what about the plug-ins NI says aren’t compatible even with M1 in Rosetta that are working fine for me? Do I just take the gamble and assume they’ll work in M2 with Rosetta? NI is not taking emails, chat is disabled. I’ve got $2000 invested in this company. Any thoughts, or better yet ANSWERS? Even a rough estimate on when Native Access and Komplete Kontrol will be M2 compatible, if not already with Rosetta.

• Jeremy_NI

@Well Our current statement regarding M2 compatibility is the following: Currently, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon M2 processors. Apple Silicon (M1 / M2) Compatibility News

What this means is that we were not have been able to test all of our products yet on M2 computers. From what I understand there is not a drastic change from M1 to M2, nothing comparable to Intel vs M1, but as an official statement, we can't guarantee full functionality before testing it out. We don't have an estimate on that. I hope that it makes sense.

Rosetta vs ARM native would be the same for M1 and M2. there is only one product now that still needs Rosetta, Reaktor 6 but it will be soom ARM ready, you should be able to join the beta soon.

Now for your issue, yes, our chat is closed, the chat does not cover thechnical support anyway, but we do take emails, we have a dedicated support section and you can always submit a request through our typeforms. For your performance issues with Komplete Kontrol and your computer, that would be this typeform: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    edited January 2023

@Jeremy_NI That support article doesn't specifically mention M2 compatibility anymore. It just says "Compatibility of NI Products with Apple Silicon Processors (M-Series)".

Is compatibility officially now?

• Well
    Well Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2023

Trying out m2

• Luis Melia
    Luis Melia Member Posts: 2 Member

@Jeremy_NI In this article https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014683497-Apple-Silicon-M1-M2-Compatibility-News does not refer to the M2 or M1, only to M series, because it is not clear, that is why I was asking you if new M2 Max is compatible. Thanks a lot.

• Jeremy_NI

@Monochrome @Luis Melia Yes, both M1 and M2 are officially compatible.