Sync à loop in cubase

Zicomoulin
Zicomoulin Member Posts: 8 Member

Hi community, I'm new to komplete. something escapes me. when I listen to a loop in the komplete browser it plays at the tempo of my session. for example my session is at 120 bpm and the loop at 90 bpm. in the brush it plays at 120 bpm and syncs with my song. but when I drag and drop the loop on a track of my cubase session, it stays at its original bpm of 90 bpm. how to make it get to the tempo of the assignment? thank you in advance.

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Once you load the Sample/Loop, click the down arrow at the bottom of the plugin block, choose Internal --> Audio.

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Confused....so you are dragging and dropping the loop from the KK browser into a Cubase Audio Track? If so, once you do that, KK has no effect of the loop, you would need to set the Loop/clip to use "Musical Mode" in Cubase and set the algorithm to a suitable type for the loop... This has nothing to do with KK...it's a Cubase thing. To see the info line (where you would set the musical "Mode" click the "Setup Window Layout" icon on the top right of Cubase and select Info Line...with the clip selected then select Musical Mode...

If you want to use KK as the loop player, then you would need to add a midi note to the KK Instrument Track that spans the entire length of the song which is useful if you wish to play the loop at different pitches than the original but still maintaining the tempo of the song... Hope that makes sense!!!🤪

Answers

• Blindeddie

Load the Audio Module which will sync to tempo.

• Zicomoulin

Hi, thanks for your answer, but I don't know what the audio module is

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Once you load the Sample/Loop, click the down arrow at the bottom of the plugin block, choose Internal --> Audio.

• Zicomoulin

Thank you very much for your very detailed explanations.

All is clear now :-)

• Zicomoulin

It still doesn't work,

The sampler is on Audio but as you can see the loop stay at the original Bpm, and is not sync with my track.

In the same time when I play my track with komplete kontrol open, the loop in the sampler doesn't start

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Confused....so you are dragging and dropping the loop from the KK browser into a Cubase Audio Track? If so, once you do that, KK has no effect of the loop, you would need to set the Loop/clip to use "Musical Mode" in Cubase and set the algorithm to a suitable type for the loop... This has nothing to do with KK...it's a Cubase thing. To see the info line (where you would set the musical "Mode" click the "Setup Window Layout" icon on the top right of Cubase and select Info Line...with the clip selected then select Musical Mode...

If you want to use KK as the loop player, then you would need to add a midi note to the KK Instrument Track that spans the entire length of the song which is useful if you wish to play the loop at different pitches than the original but still maintaining the tempo of the song... Hope that makes sense!!!🤪

• Zicomoulin

Thanks,

This time it works and I've understand my mistakes.

Thanks again for your help. :-)