Komplete Kontrol and Arturia Plugins

Broadpath
Broadpath Member Posts: 11 Member
edited November 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello All - tried searching for an answer to my specific scenario on this to no avail sp thought I would ask here.

I just recently updated to the latest Komplete Kontrol that is supposedly Mac Silicon compatible. I use Logic Pro and had been running under Rosetta in order to accommodate KK. Since upgrading, I stopped Rosetta but have noticed that my Arturia plugins (i.e. Pigments, Buchla V, etc.) will not load due to, as per error message " Mac Silicon compatibility, VST3 upgrade" etc. If I run Logic under Rosetta again, they will load. There are also no issues with the standalone KK app. I have rescanned plugins under Logic but still the same issue. I should also note that the Arturia plugs run fine in Logic, no Rosetta, outside of Komplete Kontrol.

Is it possible that the updated Komplete Kontrol app did not also upgrade the plug-in version, specifically the AU (aka components) version? Or it only seeks to load VST and is ignoring the AU versions of the Arturia stuff which is required under Logic? I suspect it is a problem with the plug-in not being updated as it is dated December 2021. I tried reinstalling KK via Native Access but that didn't help.

Any insights or point to assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,718 mod
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

The problem is just the Arturia plugins need updating to be able to load the VST3 from the NKS presets that were created with the VST2 versions and so at the moment are trying to load the VST2 which isn't available - that’s called migration and a lot of plugins can do it already (see here https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/7554/plugins-that-support-vst2-vst3-migration-a-list#latest) but many can’t. The plugins themselves are compatible with Komplete Kontrol and it’s not a problem with Apple Silicon support. Arturia will hopefully address this in an update but in the meantime the plugins load fine from the plugin drop-down in native mode, just not from the NKS patches, unless you are in Rosetta mode

Answers

• Kymeia
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

The problem is just the Arturia plugins need updating to be able to load the VST3 from the NKS presets that were created with the VST2 versions and so at the moment are trying to load the VST2 which isn't available - that’s called migration and a lot of plugins can do it already (see here https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/7554/plugins-that-support-vst2-vst3-migration-a-list#latest) but many can’t. The plugins themselves are compatible with Komplete Kontrol and it’s not a problem with Apple Silicon support. Arturia will hopefully address this in an update but in the meantime the plugins load fine from the plugin drop-down in native mode, just not from the NKS patches, unless you are in Rosetta mode

• Broadpath

Thanks for you answer - it does give me a reason that makes sense anyway, though the pull-down menu approach doesn't seem to work either.

Much appreciated!

• Kymeia
    edited November 2022

Should do, like this - this is in Native mode (you can tell as only VST3 is showing):

• Broadpath
    edited November 2022

That works! Thank you!

So KK is basically a VST3 wrapper under Logic at the moment.

• Kymeia
    edited November 2022

Well it's gone from being a VST2 wrapper to VST3 yes, but some of the NKS patches (such as from Arturia) are still expecting to be loaded in the VST2 versions (which are no longer there). Plugins can be enabled to automate the transfer over to VST3 but it's not a simple switch as this also requires the VST2 and VST3 versions to be identical in terms of automation IDs and all sorts of things.

• Broadpath

Guess I'll wait for Arturia to fix this! Im the meantime the workaround is easy enough. Again, thanks for taking the time to assist.

• Dave Schulze
    Dave Schulze Member Posts: 9 Member

Arturia hasn't updated this, yet. But I submitted a ticket to them to see when.

• Kymeia
    edited January 2023

I must admit I was excited to see Arturia back in the NI shop, I was hoping it was a sign they had updated their NKS. Sadly not yet, but I guess it is a good sign at least that they are still invested in the platform. It might indicate they are close to a fix though because otherwise they are potentially opening themselves up to a lot of support requests from new Mac purchasers.

• HarrySound
    HarrySound Member Posts: 5 Member

So here we are many many months later and I’m a new user to Arturia and have come across this problem. I just like the KK preset browsing function, I find it easier than loading sounds and tapping the keyboard.

i doubt it’ll ever be fixed if it hasn’t yet

• Kymeia

It was fixed long ago, you just need to update them and make sure you install third party content as that contains the NSK versions

• ekwipt
    ekwipt Member Posts: 32 Member

Sorry I'm going through this now as we type, how do you fix this?

"Buchla Easel V could not be loaded, as it may not yet support Apple Silicon or VST2 to VST3 migration.

Please contact the plug-in manufacturer for more information."

• Kymeia

I just installed the latest Arturia versions - they were updated to support VST3 NKS months ago

• ekwipt

I've been reading i need to delete certain file sand reinstall the Arturia ones, PITA, I'll let you know how i get on

• ekwipt

Nope, I can't get it to work, I've reinstalled all my Arturia and U-HE plugins, I can load them with the + menu, but none of the NKS links work.

" xxx could not be loaded, as it may not yet support Apple Silicon or VST2 to VST3 migration.

Please contact the plug-in manufacturer for more information. "

NI should really come up with some specific fixes per software vendor, I also don't think running things in Rosetta mode is a good solution

• Kymeia

This is not a NI issue, the plugins work fine in KK on Apple Silicon, you need to make sure you are following u-he instructions for their plugins (ie rescan plugins after updating them) and installing the updated NKS resources for the Arturia plugins too.