Kontakt/Reaktor folder issue.

Options
jdebord
jdebord Member Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2023 in Native Access

I originally posted this on the Native Instruments Reddit and was directed by a user here. Thanks in advance -

I’m posting here in a bit of a desperate attempt to help a friend who is having major frustration with Kontakt.

I am generally comfortable with Logic, UAD plugins, AU plugins, etc.

The machine is remote to me.

Thanks in advance for any help and for the weird ask...

System:

MacBook Air

OS 10.15.17

Processor 2.2 Ghz Dual Core Intel i7

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Kontakt 7.1.3

Problem:

After copying the Kontakt Komplete instrument data from an older HDD to SSD, everything is pointed to the correct folders and working properly *except* Super 8/Reaktor in Logic. The instance is installing in the Applications folder and with the Native Instruments folder, and neither is working; Kontakt can not find the Reaktor in either folder, though it is clear in the Finder it's there.

I've suggested that the whole lot needs to be reinstalled, but they are reticent to do this. Tried all the tricks I know as a non-Kontakt user ... help?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. Kontakt and Reaktor are both applications on their own. You load Kontakt instruments in Kontakt, you load Reaktor instruments in Reaktor. If it is possible to relocate Kontakt libraries without reinstalling, it's not the case with the Reaktor instruments. You should simply try to reinstall the Reaktor application and instruments in Native Access. Luckily, these are not very big so it should not take that long.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. Kontakt and Reaktor are both applications on their own. You load Kontakt instruments in Kontakt, you load Reaktor instruments in Reaktor. If it is possible to relocate Kontakt libraries without reinstalling, it's not the case with the Reaktor instruments. You should simply try to reinstall the Reaktor application and instruments in Native Access. Luckily, these are not very big so it should not take that long.