hypha 'incompatible files'

richardH
richardH Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi,

As instances of Hypha open, I tend to get an error window stating 'incompatible files'

And then another window to 'Import Content'.

Please see attached screen shots.

Added to this, when I reopen the project in Fruity Loops 20, the preset voices need to be reselected. This gets a little fiddly when I have 5 instances of hypha as default, that once had preset options set.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

Ok good that you found out, bit normally it should not matter if kontakt is open or not, will, will try on my computer and maybe report to native - and no I'm not a native employee. But if you need natives support you can create a ticket, by doing the help wizard and if nothing has helped you can create a ticket at the end and native guys will reach out to you under "get kontakt support" https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000092857-Kontakt

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

have you tried to make a consistency check on the drive? and what do you see if you go to the library folders?

• richardH

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure what you mean by 'consistency check on the drive'.

The drive supports all my DAW apps successfully, I've no reason to doubt it. There's 360GB of free space.

Under the folder 'H:\Sounds\Kontact\Content\Hypha\Instruments' I have Bass, Chords, Keys, Pad and Textural.

So as far as I can see the folders look fine. All I did was run the supply Native Access installation.

I appreciate you are asking questions, but are you technical support?

I need someone from the application itself to decipher what the issue is. I don't need someone who is attempting to help but isn't related to tech support.

Maybe I've lodged this question in the wrong area... it's not an open question, I actually need true tech support to get involved.

Thanks anyway.

• richardH

Ah hah, a discovery.

I mentioned that when a project reloads, the presets did not load into place.

What I've found is that if the Kontakt Player was left open/visible when the file was saved, it failed to load the preset on reopening.

But now, if I temporarily close and then reopen the Player, the preset successfully loads. So glad I've discovered this. Now I can reopen a project without grief.

• Uwe303
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

Ok good that you found out, bit normally it should not matter if kontakt is open or not, will, will try on my computer and maybe report to native - and no I'm not a native employee. But if you need natives support you can create a ticket, by doing the help wizard and if nothing has helped you can create a ticket at the end and native guys will reach out to you under "get kontakt support" https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000092857-Kontakt

• richardH

Thanks for the info, and yes, you would think it shouldn't matter whether Kontakt is open or not.

This is the first time I've had to use 'Player'. Normally I would just load Kontakt.

Now I've more to add.

If you leave a window open when saving the project, after reloading the project, the instance wont load and you must close the window and reopen it; then the instance of Hypha will be correctly loaded with the preset ready.

If you have a window closed when saving the project, after reloading the project, you will naturally try to reopen the window; and guess what? The instance will NOT load correctly.

So, close the window, then open the window again, and guess what? The instance with the preset WILL correctly reload.

I haven't tried this with other modules; to be honest I couldn't be bothered, they all work fine in my usual Kontakt environment.

All of this issue seems to be with 'Player' and Hypha.

At least I have a working system, so I will move on. :)

Thanks again.