How do you rate or remember patches in Komplete Kontrol?

Aqueum
Aqueum Member Posts: 13 Member
edited January 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi all, I'm new to NI and used to rating/ranking patches out of 5 when browsing a new collection. Is there a way to do this in the Komplete Kontrol plugin, and if not, how do you remember what patches you like best?

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

There is no "rating", but hover over the preset with the mouse and a Faded start appears to the right...click the Star and it is flagged as a favorite...the to recall only favorites, click the Star next to the search box and only "Favorited" presets will be displayed...

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

There is no "rating", but hover over the preset with the mouse and a Faded start appears to the right...click the Star and it is flagged as a favorite...the to recall only favorites, click the Star next to the search box and only "Favorited" presets will be displayed...

• Aqueum

Brilliant, thanks @Blindeddie - it was my eyesight, I couldn't see the stars...

• Blindeddie

Very small user interface...can make it difficult to see things!!!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Rating is better though, a binary like/don’t like is almost useless

• Aqueum
    edited January 2023

I agree that rating is better @Kymeia, but I'm very glad that we at least get like / don't like. Without that you'd need to try out every patch every time...

What I'd really like would be:

1) A qwerty keyboard key to press to select a patch to trial in Logic (equivalent of pressing the 4-D encoder). I have just started a new thread asking this: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/9450/how-do-you-select-a-patch-via-keyboard-the-kontrol-plugin

2) Actually I just found a means of doing my second thing: "Press and hold SHIFT + press the 4-D encoder." to add a favourite via an NI controller.

I guess that using 2) it would be a little harder to rate favourites. Perhaps Press and hold SHIFT + press and turn the 4-D encoder..? But you can probably see why they went with the simple like / or not option for easy hardware integration.