Please make Battery 4 work with midi patterns included in the expansions

kson
kson Member Posts: 10 Member
edited January 2023 in Battery 4

Please, please make Battery 4 work with midi patterns included in the extension so I can ditch the Maschine VST. Thank you!

Comments

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Battery is a Sampler and requires a DAW to send Midi Data to it to trigger sounds. You do not have to use the Maschine VST to load Battery as it has its own VST that you can load natively.

• kson

Thanks but I meant using the Midi patterns from the Maschine expansions in Battery. Battery is so much more straightforward to me to use in a DAW.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

You would need to export the patterns from Maschine and the import them into your DAW.

• kson

Agreed. As of now you must audition them in Maschine and if you want to use it, pull it up in Battery, and export the midi to your DAW. If they could have the patterns audition in Battery, it would eliminate many steps.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited January 2023

The patterns in expansions are labeled as "Maschine exclusive content" (presumably to provide an incentive to people to buy into the M/MK/M+ ecosystem) so I would be very surprised if NI would consider that desirable. Yes, it would admittedly be nice in your use case but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Frankly I'd be surprised if Battery was around at all for much longer considering the obvious constraints on the company's developers to make even near-universally requested improvements to their very top-tier product lines. 😭

But we can all cross our fingers and hope...

• kson

True. It would still all go to fill their coffers, however. You'd still be NI based.

I'm still hoping. I hate using Maschine 2 in the DAW.