how to load instruments in maschine mk3

tomtommy45
tomtommy45 Member Posts: 30 Member
edited January 2023 in Maschine

hi Guys

i just purchased a maschine mk3 and when i like to load for example a Drums kit ( studio Drummer ) on Maschine i get just the kick and just on one pad the rest of the pads re inactive i did watch a tutorial on youtube but when i try to do like him i still get noting . so please how can i load the Drums kit and use all the pads to play the Drums ?

thanks for the help

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited January 2023 Answer βœ“

Tools like Studio Drummer, Abbey Road, etc. trigger drum samples using MIDI notes across a single octive (usually). So to use them on the MK3 you need to switch the hardware to Keyboard mode and then adjust the octave so that the mapped samples correspond to the range that the program defaults to, typically C2 or C3. (You'll know you're in the right range because you'll hear more than one sample.)

But when you load drum kits using Groups in the Maschine software, you'll use Pad mode (which is what you were probably expecting before).

Hope that helps! πŸ™‚

Answers

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited January 2023 Answer βœ“

Tools like Studio Drummer, Abbey Road, etc. trigger drum samples using MIDI notes across a single octive (usually). So to use them on the MK3 you need to switch the hardware to Keyboard mode and then adjust the octave so that the mapped samples correspond to the range that the program defaults to, typically C2 or C3. (You'll know you're in the right range because you'll hear more than one sample.)

But when you load drum kits using Groups in the Maschine software, you'll use Pad mode (which is what you were probably expecting before).

Hope that helps! πŸ™‚

• tomtommy45

ah thank you for the help now i understand .

• tomtommy45

and how i can use it with logic pro , to control softwares ?

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor

Don’t use it in Logic yet. Make sure you have basics of Maschine down really well before using it as plug-in in a daw.

What do you mean by ’to control softwares?’ What do you want to do with Logic? With Maschine?

• tomtommy45

thanks for the answer i like to record directly in logic pro using maschine midi options and features and with all my softwares it s for that i did buy maschine mk3 to make my workflow more quick and easy .