Issue with Maschine Preferences -> Library

ben.t.m
ben.t.m Member Posts: 6 Member
edited December 2022 in Maschine

Hi guys,

Been using Maschine for a while, only very recently I went to open up the Preferences and Libraries tab to add a new sample pack but I'm getting a black box across it, only seems to be the Library tab. Tried closing Maschine, restarting PC etc etc - basic stuff to no avail. I'm on Windows 11, it was working fine for a few months, I'm wondering whether it's since the latest window update as I've not changed anything else. I'm a software engineer by trade and I have a feeling this isn't going to be an isolated problem to my PC, can we confirm? and if so can you get a patch out.

Further notes, as soon as I've done this (opened the library tab) it bugs out when I try to open up a Kontakt instance, I just get a tiny window filled with black - then once this bugged instance is open Maschine may just close itself down. I can still use the sounds with my hardware and locate them, so I don't think it's to do with resolving the sounds. I hope you don't ask me to delete the database as I've spent days, and I mean literally days setting up my sounds how I want them. I have TB's of samples. I can also open up the komplete.db3 file (the database which stores all the library references) up in 3rd party software without problem so I don't think it's corrupted, I can also view the Plugins tab in preferences which reads the table database I believe.

I noticed someone on another NI forum posting about the same thing and that some recovery software caused it to occur, he also mentioned TRIM feature of OS optimizing SSD usage. I turned it off to check but I still get the black boxes. I don't know where to find any crash logs or if they exist, they might be able to shed some light.

Windows 11 Pro,

Version: 10.0.22000,

Ryzen 3900x,

RTX 3070

Regards,

Ben

Best Answer

• ben.t.m
    Answer ✓

Update: After all this nonsense it looks like a windows update did the trick, seems fine now, both problems of black screen and random crashing has gone.

Answers

• ben.t.m
    edited January 2023

So where is the support here?

I also get Maschine abruptly closing down when I click Export Audio and sporadically throughout use, here is the crash log for that. It looks like some kind bug, buffer overflow perhaps. Impossible to say on my end.

0 BEX64 Not available 0 Maschine 2.exe 2.16.1.0 638e0b0e ucrtbase.dll 10.0.22000.1 00e78ce9 000000000007dd7e c0000409 0000000000000007 \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_Maschine 2.exe_e8233b85a16e87b523b7dc2ed08cb18e7525e48_06040a9a_699bd1f2-18f9-4cee-b240-8ec629677121 0 bc1b4e4c-4f09-45fe-b55e-9f61b0065aea 4 0

• ben.t.m
    Answer ✓

Update: After all this nonsense it looks like a windows update did the trick, seems fine now, both problems of black screen and random crashing has gone.

• MrThursday
    MrThursday Member Posts: 10 Newcomer

Hi Ben - has this issue ever resurfaced? I'm battling the same thing at the moment

• Chillb
    Chillb Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have the same problem in the preferences (Library tab), it just started yesterday. Maschine 2 also freezes when I try "Save with samples". Re-installed Maschine 2, cleaned registry and deleted the Maschine 2 in users-->Appdata-->Locals-->NI-->Maschine 2 with no luck.

Win11

-Ryzen 7 5700x

-6700xt