Traktor loop length on start up

Hi all, I like to jump straight into a track usually in 32 increments, Traktor always opens on 4. Any way to change this? I’ve looked all over the settings. Thanks all.

Answers

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 568 Pro

Is it the Beatport streaming?

This is happening I believe, because of some data loss when the tracks are downloaded.

If you manage to move the grid marker to the beginning it will result in an incorrect grid.

If you have time for preparation work you can add a load marker (yellow one) to the absolute beginning of the track and it will always start there.

What I do is jump ahead to the drop before playing and set 16 bar loop and move that loop back. Or set a cue at 16bars back.

I almost never play a track from the beginning and mainly just look for the correct downbeat to line up.

Also double check your bpm range, mine seems to get better results with Beatport streaming using the Automatic setting instead of choosing a range.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,622 mod
    1. Use the Send Monitor State output command to initialize any mappable setting. (more complicated)
    2. Map the Loop Size = 32 to your Deck Load buttons. (more straight forward solution)
  • Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

Thanks both. So the default is 4 bars. I’ll make a feature request, although I’ll be surprised if no one has asked already.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 568 Pro

I was confused. Lol. You weren't writing about the gridmarker. You were writing about default loop length, sorry.