Control external gear via Maschine MK3 in the DAW

killy.ridols
killy.ridols Member Posts: 5 Member

Hello there!

I got a Blofeld synth which i would like to control via Maschine MK3 inside the DAW.

I ve got no problem doing that when using Maschine MK3 as standalone app - i will create a group, add sound, set MIDI In to Blofeld and AUDIO In to inputs of my audio-interface, where Blofeld is connected.

After that i can control my synth and i process it with standard Maschine features, sucs as effects on Sound, Group, Master and so on.

But when i try to do the same when using Maschine as VST plugin - i cant do that.

Yes, i can control Blofeld differently - set MIDI Out to HOST, create "External Instrument", set its MIDI To to Blofeld and AUDIO From to to inputs of my audio-interface, where Blofeld is connected.

But the only thing i would be able to do is to control (sequence, live play, sending midi messages) my synth.

But i wont be able to use any audio routings and FX chains which are set up inside Maschine, since the audio-signal from Blofeld is goes straight to Ableton from the inputs of my audio interface.

Is there any way to set up everything in the DAW the way i can do it when using Maschine as standlone?

thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

But i wont be able to use any audio routings and FX chains which are set up inside Maschine, since the audio-signal from Blofeld is goes straight to Ableton from the inputs of my audio interface.

You can send the Audio back to Maschine-VST using the DAW SideChain option, enable it and select the Ableton Track that is receiving audio from the Synth and in Maschine Sound>Input choose the input source (1/2) and you will be able to hear the audio with FX/Sends.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

You can send the Audio back to Maschine-VST using the DAW SideChain option, enable it and select the Ableton Track that is receiving audio from the Synth and in Maschine Sound>Input choose the input source (1/2) and you will be able to hear the audio with FX/Sends.

• killy.ridols
    edited January 2023

Thanks! I ll try it right now.

Previously, I tried to route audio from the channel with External Instrument to the track with Maschine VST on it (to the Maschine's internal audio input) - but it causes Ableton to crash

• killy.ridols

It is strange, but when i set everything with single channel with Ableton External Instrument (midi to synth, audio from interface, output of audio channel with External Instrument to Maschine's Sound with 1/2 input selected) - Ableton crashes.

But if i set up two channels in Ableton - one MIDI with MIDI From Maschine, MIDI To Blofeld and the second one, Audio channel, with AUDIO In from my interface and AUDIO To Maschines's input - everything is ok.