Using "Aftertouch"?

Thomas34
Thomas34 Member Posts: 9 Member

Hello Community, I can't figure out how to use the "Aftertouch" function of my S49 keyboard controller. How is it done? I couldn't find anything about it in the manual. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,725 mod
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

You press down a little further after pressing down the key as far as it will initially go (hence after touch) - you will feel there is a certain amount of extra give. Over time you will learn to calibrate the amount of pressure needed to get the expression you want and if it's assigned to pitch you can do things like vibrate your fingers while applying aftertouch to create a natural vibrato sound or create pitch bends (you also need a synth and patch that uses aftertouch modulation and not to be using Maschine as host)

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,725 mod
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

You press down a little further after pressing down the key as far as it will initially go (hence after touch) - you will feel there is a certain amount of extra give. Over time you will learn to calibrate the amount of pressure needed to get the expression you want and if it's assigned to pitch you can do things like vibrate your fingers while applying aftertouch to create a natural vibrato sound or create pitch bends (you also need a synth and patch that uses aftertouch modulation and not to be using Maschine as host)